Replica 1916 Wyoming License Plate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Replica 1916 Wyoming License Plate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Calkins on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:05 pm:

Wyoming does not allow Year of Manufacture plates but I made this replica plate to display in addition to the modern plate. I gathered several photos of 1916 plates and was able to reproduce the lettering. #1362 is an original plate and #238 is my replica. I chose 238 as this is the number of my modern plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:38 pm:

Great work!

Be careful, or you'll be making those full time, as that might be considered forgery...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:41 pm:

Craig
Wyoming needs to find an influential state legislator who is an old car enthusiast.
That is how the use of YOM plates got enacted in Kentucky along with support by voters who had old cars.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Calkins on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:38 pm:

I worked with the state archives to get many of the measurements and photos from items in their collection. I agree YOM plates add to any old vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:30 pm:

All you need is a little rust on the edges.....Looks "old" to me.......great job ...Like Ron said you can change the rules......Find a legislator to Getter done.....Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 01:07 am:

Twenty-five years ago only a few states had YOM laws. Now most do. About twenty years ago I was researching the subject and sent letters to all the states asking whether they had a YOM law or were contemplating one. A gentleman with the Alabama DMV sent me a lengthy explanation of why such a law could not possibly work, apparently unaware that it was already working in several states.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 01:23 am:

Here in Nebraska they have a YOM law on the books. The only problem is that they do not allow the use of the leather home made plates that were in use before 1915 because "they were not State issued". I would like to see that get changed. Even though the leather plates were not State issued, they were State approved and displayed the issued registration number. I guess I will need to go looking for a legislator to go to bat for that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 04:37 pm:

In Minnesota we do have a YOM law which many use. Since MN only requires one plate (on the rear of the vehicle), I put the current plate on the rear and a YOM plate on the front. Probably not legal, but I have done this for many years and have not been cited as of now. I always carry the second current plate under the seat.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration