Wooden Coil Box & Switch, Radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Wooden Coil Box & Switch, Radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Neece on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 06:47 pm:

Can anybody tell me how to determine what coil box and switch type and brand are correct for my 1911 Torpedo Roadster?
A friend told me that he had heard that someone is making repro radiators that have round tubes in the front where you see them, and flat tubes in the middle where you can't. Seems like it might be a good idea to have the look as well as the cooling capability. Are the flat tubes all that necessary given that the new round tubes cool so much more efficiently than the old ones?
Thanks for your help & suggestions!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 07:05 pm:

Fred
Give me a call tomorrow when I am in the shop and I can help with the coilbox and switch issue. You have options.
Ron the Coilman
859-881-1677

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 07:27 pm:

A 1911 T could have originally used a Heinze, a Kingston, or, if it was made around July of 1911, a unique Jacobson-Brandow coil. All of these types are now available new. A copy of your T's original shipping invoice may be available at the Benson Ford Research Center in Dearborn. You can--but you don't have to--travel there to find out. Contact them and they will look for it for you. The invoice will list exactly what make of coil came originally with your car.

Benson Ford Research Center 313-982-6020

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Neece on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 05:58 pm:

Thanks for the lead on the Benson Research Center. I called them, and found that all requests for information must be submitted in writing, or by email. While they are largely Ford, having Ford's records up into the 1950's, the also will research other makes of cars too. Email submissions should be sent to research.center@thehenryford.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 08:07 pm:

I use Brass Works round tube radiators and they cool just fine. I live in a warm climate where it gets above 100 degrees at times during the summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:54 pm:

I am running an original round tube radiator on my '13 and it still cools fine. I have round tube repro radiators on my other early T's and find them to be fine also. They all came from Brass Works and some of them are over 15 years old.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration