ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/25/10 GEAR SHIFT LEVEL PICTURE KNOB

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/25/10 GEAR SHIFT LEVEL PICTURE KNOB
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 01:05 pm:

I thought I'd share this accessory for Christmas day. The shift knob was my Grandfathers from the thirties. The photo is if my Grandmother. If the threads weren't stripped I'd be using it on the Ruckstell shifter on our speedster.

While a bit off topic I thought I'd post a picture of my Grandmothers dog tags from WW1 that I keep in the display case next to the gear shift knob. She was in the signal corp stationed in New Jersey during the war. My Grandmother wore this on her key chain until she passed away at 92 years of age.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 01:30 pm:

I'd fill that with a two part epoxy, and re tap it, or if you never want to remove it just epoxy it on,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.Woods on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 02:27 pm:

Yeah, Jay, I bet Qwik-Poly, or something similar would have you shifting in no time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 02:50 pm:

Great keepsake Jay!
Looks like an easy fix –

Manufactured by
Vidrio Products Corp
Cicero, Illinois

Patented by

Leo F. Heerwagem
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Gear Shift Lever Picture Knob
Patent number: 1848526
Filing date: Jun 16, 1930
Issue date: Mar 8, 1932
http://tinyurl.com/2v5zn53
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2v5zn53

Note the two different styles, one with a snap ring retainer for
the photo (same as Jay’s) and the other with a screw on cap.

Regards
Art
Ps. Merry Christmas All

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration