Fronty Transmission(?) on Ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Fronty Transmission(?) on Ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 03:09 pm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Frontenac-Ford-Model-T-Racing-Indianapolis-1932-s cta-/260711896323?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb3a3d503

Fronty Transmission? I know nothing of these things. How would you mount it to a T engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thunder on the Plains of Colorado on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 03:16 pm:

I'm thinkin that its a Chevy trans based on its description. My question is.... How do you shift it, with that stick????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob smith on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 03:17 pm:

i would say it is for a Model A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 03:39 pm:

When were the first magnesium castings made?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 04:27 pm:

I would guess somebody made a case to fit a certain race engine to use chevvy gears.
There is no starter notch or hole in the bell housing.
With the short shift lever bent back like that I'd say it was made for a sprint car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Oder on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 05:23 pm:

May be Offy related - in Gordon E. White's book Offenhauser, the drawing of a 102 inch Offy Midget engine shows the "in out" gear box terminating in a "Chevrolet ball end".

J.O.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 11:18 am:

I have a couple of original Fronty units and they don't look like that--also nothing like that in my literature. Even if it was correct you still need the bell housing and the pan to match--the flywheel and clutch would be a cut down early A multiple disc.

I also think some sprint car trans.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration