16 T Touring body weight

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 16 T Touring body weight
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Marshall on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 12:50 am:

Hi,
Approx how much does the complete touring body weigh..? Including the top etc.....
I want to lift it off the frame and need to know how many daughthers it will take...:-)
Thanks
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 02:17 am:

Dave-
Plan to use four people.
It is not particularly heavy, just awkward.
If you have a couple of 4 foot long 2x4s handy, slide then under the body from one side to the other. One under the front doors, another under the back doors. Oh, and the back of the body is heavier.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 09:03 am:

Recommend you remove the top, seat cushions and firewall first. That will take off 100 pounds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 11:17 am:

1,650 lbs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 11:26 am:

OK, Disregard that. The shipping weight of a '15-'16 Touring was 1,510 lbs., and the weight of a chassis was 980. So the body weight should be about the difference, which is 530.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By willie k cordes on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 11:27 am:

Mike, I think the question was about the actual body weight, not the entire car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 11:56 am:

Dave,

I used a 2 ton engine hoist to lift my '15 touring body off and on. I "X"ed two straps between the front and rear top mounting brackets and was able to handle it by myself.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 01:24 pm:

Keith has it for manual labor....You need four to help place the body back on the frame.

Here's an upholstered '23 touring of a friend, I helped at one corner with the lift and place :-)

Of course, the Improved car touring is a somewhat lighter, without all the frame wood, and no upholstery either :-) So just gather any helpers you can find around the house.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration