Scam

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Scam
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 01:15 pm:

I understand that Bruce is doing everything he can to stop this but they are still trying.The following is from a WANTED ad.

Thanks for the mail

The price is reasonable, I work for a company for over the past 25 years, so they owned me some money and they have promise me to pay me by check. The check will be sent to you on my be half so when you receive the check, you take it to the bank for clarification, Do not worry about shipping, I have a shipping company who will arrange for the pick up, so when the check clear at your bank, which you will deduct your asking price and send the remaining money to my shipping company via Western Union Money Transfer so that my shipping company can come down to your location for the pick up of the Items.

If you give me the following information so that payment can be sent quickly.

(1) Full Name ......
(2) Mailing address, PO Box No please.po box .......
(3) Zip Code...
(4) your direct telephone number .......
(5) Asking Price ...........

Once you came to me with all the information above, payment are immediately published and will be sent.

i look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks and Get back

--- On Sun, 26/12/10, NLingg@aol.com <nlingg@aol.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: interested
To: rauljob2004@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Sunday, 26 December, 2010, 20:16

Yea, I have 100 for sale @ $100.00 a piece. You send me $10,000 and I'll send them freight collect

In a message dated 12/26/2010 7:53:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, rauljob2004@yahoo.co.uk writes:
Hello Seller,

I want to know if this still available for sale,if still get back to me with your asking price and the present condition of it.

Thanks and Get back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris Big Bear Lake, California on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 01:45 pm:

Give the poor guy the address of a local Nigerian bank near him and let him go and cash his check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 02:27 pm:

Next time you get asked for your address, give them this:

Federal Secretariat Towers (5th & 10th floors),
Shehu Shagari Way,
Central Area, P.M.B. 192, Garki
Abuja
Nigeria

It's the address of the Nigerian Ministry of Justice. They'll be happy to hear from these guys...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 03:20 pm:

I think the Nigerian Ministry of Justice would just give him a lecture on proper setup and execution of a scam. Any nation that gave a hoot about their image would have put a stop to this stuff years ago.
Happy New Year, (to you all, not the scammers.)
And drive carefully, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Grenman on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 07:11 pm:

Hi members, I have been reading of these scammer on here but has any one tried to make a list of who they are and their email address so a member can quickly check them out or could the members who have been contacted by one list their details so others do not get ripped off, it's fine to say contact the Nigerian Police but they are not in England and Australia and European country's where these degenerates work from and the Nigerian police are not that interested from what I have read as we are only small claims when it comes to the money trail and they would get their cut of the cash any way....Roy Grenman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 08:14 pm:

Some more info and list would be helpful, I wasn't aware that scammers are operating in the US from Australia, We do get them from Nigeria and Hong Kong but not local...Kerry (Australia)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William McKay on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 08:34 pm:

Give him the address for Buckingham Palace or Scotland Yard :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 09:16 pm:

The offenders can change server IDs (return packet addresses) and email addresses faster than you can change your socks so it wouldn't really do much good to log the addresses. The return address in an email doesn't mean a thing. It can be set to any value the sender wants and IS by many software programs used by mass mailers. An email address is not even used to direct mail. The packet address determines where messages are sent/received. Once a message gets to a server, THEN the email address is used to route the message within that server. If the server happens to be in Nigeria, Russia or Italy, THEY control the email address.

If you've ever looked at the detail of an email message (under properties), it will show the servers and routers used by the message. Below is an example I received from eBay a long time ago. (Yes, I keep all eBay transaction messages.) It is valid but shown just as an example. The name after "From" in the third line from the bottom is what appears in the message From field I received. It could have been set to any value.

quote:

Return-path: <endofitem@ebay.com>
Received: from mx71.smf.ebay.com (unverified [66.135.209.206]) by modus.wireweb.net (Vircom SMTPRS 4.35.477.0) with ESMTP id
<b0136801171@modus.wireweb.net> for <ccwken@wireweb.net>; Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:13:50 -0500
X-Modus-BlackList: 66.135.209.206=OK;endofitem@ebay.com=OK
X-Modus-RBL: 66.135.209.206=OK
X-Modus-Trusted: 66.135.209.206=NO
Received: from sj-v3eoa44 (sj-v3eoa44.sjc.ebay.com [10.11.63.91])by mx71.smf.ebay.com (8.12.3/8.12.3) with ESMTP id
k7G2F8ns022972for <ccwken@wireweb.net>; Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:15:09 -0700
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:15:09 -0700
Message-ID: 14638109.1155694508795.JavaMail.ebayapp@sj-v3eoa44
To: ccwken@wireweb.net
Subject: You Won eBay Item:...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 09:58 pm:

Why waste your time with this crap....that is what the "delete" button is for on your computer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Williams on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:44 am:

Dear Sir,

Please send your name and photo along with the exact GPS coordinates of your personal home.
The United States Central Intelligence Agency is currently working in your area and would like to send you a special gift.
One has been reserved in your honor. You can redeem it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sa7ZX58Kk4

Please remember to include your GPS coordinates.

Thanks,

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration