Early T in Florida

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Early T in Florida
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken parker on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 02:36 pm:

Early Ford T in foreground of shorpy photo. I will try to post.
Early T titled "circa 1910"

Let's see if I have loaded it correctly.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 03:10 pm:

Must have!
Thank you for sharing.
Happy New Year,
and drive carefully, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald L Leirer on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 04:53 pm:

This is the Shorpy link.

http://www.shorpy.com/node/9582?size=_original

Jerry Leirer
Bradenton, Fl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By willie k cordes on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 06:50 pm:

Ken, thanks for posting and thank you Gerald for the Shorpy link. Yes, that car looks like a Wide track in the link. The early 09 and 10 cars look like they have more space between the spring perch and the end of the axle. (Later axles were more V shaped on the axle end and this made that distance look less), but I think you are correct, it is a wide-track.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 07:30 pm:

Here are a few zooms on the T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 09:50 pm:

It's a wide track 1909. Nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 01:22 am:

It looks like the T is a few years old-could be a 1910, too. The Jacksonville plate was issued in 1911-12. Looks like the firewall is delaminating. The car parked behind the T is quite old (8-9 years?), but look at the finish on it-looks shiny.
Great photo, thanks for the close-ups.
Chris Paulsen
McPherson, KS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:20 am:

Is the car behind the T an '03 Model A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 01:42 pm:

Is she reading a map or newspaper
?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 01:44 pm:

Richard,
I respectfully disagree. It appears to have the front frame horn attached to a 1/2 elliptic spring, not full elliptic springs like the early Fords had.
Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 01:51 pm:

Does this help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff rey L. Vietzke on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 11:34 pm:

The flag in the picture is 46 states...used from July 1908 to July 1912. Great photo, thanks for posting!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 12:10 am:

The car behind the Model T Ford appears to be a Columbia Electric. That would explain the lady driver and the fact that the car looks so nice and new.

Columbia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:04 am:

Jeff

Great call on the flag!
I missed it completely and couldn't even see the stars until I did a zoom.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration