ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/26/27/10 HAHN ACETYLENE GAS BURNERS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/26/27/10 HAHN ACETYLENE GAS BURNERS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 09:34 pm:

A pair of these would look really great in a set of carbide head lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 03:45 am:

Hahn Acetylene Gas Burner Patent

William Hahn
Chicago, Illinois
Assignor to J. Bruce Carroll
Chicago, Illinois
Acetylene-Gas Burner
Patent number: 644799
Filing date: Mar 29, 1899
Issue date: Mar 6, 1900
http://tinyurl.com/2fj3q9d
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2fj3q9d

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 11:17 am:

These are brass/bronze,and last week we say a set made of lava rock and i wonder what were the reasons for each?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 11:40 am:

Kenneth, The brass ones are dated 1900 when brass was lavishly used for lots of early auto parts. The HAHN units do have lava orifices which I tried to show in one photo. I would say the Cresent burners that I showed a while back were an effort to cut material costs, not infringe on patent issues, and still have a superior product.

As a side note: These burners were also used for gas lighting in homes of the period before electric lighting.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration