ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/27/10 ATTWOOD END THRUST BEARING

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/27/10 ATTWOOD END THRUST BEARING
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 09:49 pm:

It looks like this accessory could be the ticket to get your weak magneto back up to snuff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 10:03 pm:

I presume this part goes on the front between the front of the timing gear cover and the pulley?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 10:36 pm:

Can anyone talk about experience with this item?

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 10:48 pm:

Norm, you are most correct sir!

James, I would also like to hear from anyone that has any experience with this item too.

BTW: the Patent number is 1489185

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric flower on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 11:23 pm:

I would love to have one of these...I know someone could make these for us to try out as an easy fix till someone had the funds to do the motor right...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 11:34 pm:

Lang's has 'em

part #3030SHIM $20 Exact copy of that part. You size it by grinding down the face. Bolts to front of the block behind the crank pulley

Nope, haven't used one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Hansen on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 12:04 am:

I have the same one in picture on a shelf next to me, thought I had couple more. This one came off an engine I tore down several years ago, must have worked as it shows pulley wear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 03:32 am:

Attwood End Thrust Bearing Patent

Walt Wenciker
Tamora, Nebraska
Bearing for Crank Shafts
Patent number: 1489185
Filing date: Dec 30, 1922
Issue date: Apr 1, 1924
http://tinyurl.com/2akel7d
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2akel7d

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Bell on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 07:24 am:

Lang's carries them, they do work if your magnets are not weak or field is not broken.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration