Forum Profile Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Forum Profile Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Lewin - Shingle Springs, Ca. on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 09:46 am:

I notice in the Profile of the Forum Members, some are listed as Members, some as Advanced Members and others as Senior Members. How is this status determined?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 09:53 am:

Number of posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:16 am:

I wish Bruce would require the members location or at least the state or country on their profiles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Green (Dexter, Mi) on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:19 am:

Richard,
I agree. It is frustrating not to know where people are located.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:26 am:

Some others want to know this information...some do not want it known...
see:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/158348.html

I remembered this discussion, and found the link using the keyword search botton on the top. Typed in "location", and this thread popped up.

GREAT function - that keyword search button. Can locate all sorts of posts...even in prior years.

Best wishes for a Healthy and SAFE New Year.
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:35 am:

Dan Green,
How does one post two (2) pictures on a profile?
I keep this thread handy:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/162863.html?1293527887

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:38 am:

And this:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/43003.html

Helps me understand some statements....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 01:32 pm:

I agree with Richard that it is helpful to know a person's city, state, country.
I personally like having it in their name so I don't have to look at their profile.
The State would be OK but something as simple as NE-SE-SW-NW-W-E or Central USA etc. would be helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Green (Dexter, Mi) on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 02:56 pm:

Dave,
It seems to me that there is a difference between adding ones location to every post (which I think is a good idea) and adding location to ones profile (which I think should be required). Does anyone object to this?
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Stitt- Oregon on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 03:01 pm:

Having only member (junior?) status, I added my state to my name for the reasons cited some time back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Harrison,Norco Ca on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 04:48 pm:

Well this is probable a good place for a new member to start....George Harrison in Norco,California with a 1927 Tudor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 05:01 pm:

You get to be a senior member by asking the same questions over and over. The reason you get moved up to Senior status, is because you obviously can't remember a darn thing. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 05:13 pm:

What kind of oil, water pump, and distributor should I get when I buy a doctor's coupe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 05:21 pm:

Steve, the answer is kevlar...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 05:26 pm:

Thanks to this thread I have updated my profile so you can all see that I'm in Modesto, CA each time I post.

P.S. I thought profiling is illeagal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 05:27 pm:

Tyrone, so true, so true! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 05:36 pm:

Henry, the other advantage is that if we find you wandering around lost somewhere, we know where to send you home... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 09:17 pm:

Now all this thread needs is for someone to talk about politics to get it way off topic :-)

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George...Cherry Hill, NJ on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 09:34 pm:

Dave,

The profile allows only one pic....but...

A little cut paste and merge, save file as <~185Kb, then load it and well, it looks like 2 pic's but is only one :-) (if you don't know how to do, email me your 2, I'll send them back as 1, at a good size that still fits...you can then load to profile from there)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dolo F, South Texas on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:17 pm:

Mr. George Harrison of Norco, California, welcome.
If you don't want to be a senior member, guys, just start over, like I did!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:23 pm:

1 clic on my profile and you can see my whereabouts.Gee

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration