Sharing With the Community and Visitors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Sharing With the Community and Visitors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Rigdon on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 05:22 pm:

Thought some of you might be interested in the pic below (hopefully, I'm not real great at posting pics). (1pic = 1,000 words) I have an arrangement with the local museum Board of Directors in that I bring my antique cars to the museum whenever I am available and display them as a part of the museum offering. The museum is only open from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.. I am the "vehicle docent" i.e. I just talk to folks about the cars and how the vehicle world was in the mid 20's. Some people are very interested, some mildly interested and some don't give a hoot.
The T in the pic is our 1925 Fordor. It is mechanically restored and all the underside is painted gloss black. I retained the "barn patina" as found when it was a non-running barn find. Most people like it. The other car in the pic is our 1924 Chevrolet (I make no apologies)Touring. It also was a non-running car when found. The contrast in restoring a Ford and a Chevrolet of similar vintage was a most interesting experience. The Chevy is very pretty and shiny but people invariably migrate to the Fordor.
All to say that this is my way of sharing a bit of automobile history with others. Perhaps this will give some other owners some ideas. If any of you are in S. Arizona (Ajo) this winter, be sure to stop by.
Bill R. '25 Fordor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 08:37 pm:

Bill, No apologies needed. The important thing is preserving these cars. Besides my T I have a '55 Ford, a '31 and '55 GM and a '28 orphan make. I like the Ts a lot but also enjoy the others. I'm sure there are many others in this forum that feel the same.
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr., Portales, New Mexico on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 09:07 pm:

Bill,

That's very nice of you to give of your vehicles and your time to the museum.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks who appreciate them and you providing the history about that era.

Great job!

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 09:10 pm:

Gary, what make is your orphan?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration