1930 Ford Model A (illinois Sticker Question)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 1930 Ford Model A (illinois Sticker Question)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Williams on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 06:00 pm:

Sorry for posting here to all of the model T lovers. But, I came to this forum before and everyone was so helpful... I have faith in this forum!!!

I was seeking information to order a title for my ford model a, Still could not locate the Model,Vin,Frame or engine number... But, looking at the car I did see a number on the windshield can anyone help me with what the number with the X is? Thanks!

Windo Sticker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Faccin - Crystal Falls, Michigan on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 06:41 pm:

Michael,

That is an old city sticker for the city of Chicago. You might get some information with that number if you can find a cooperative city clerk. That it is a 1980 sticker and those records won't be easily found. So it may not be of any use to you.

I would recommend you find a club member to help you find the serial number.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 07:22 pm:

Model A engine numbers are stamped into a smooth flat 'pad' on the driver's side of the engine block about 2" above the water inlet and just below the joint between the head and the block. It is pretty well centered up between #2 and #3 cylinders. At the factory, they stamped the engine number into the top side of one of the frame rails when the engine was installed in the chassis. However, you usually have to remove the body and splash aprons to see it. If the local DMV is giving you a hard time, find the engine number and stamp that number into the frame rail somehwere where you can see it and get to it. They'll never know the difference. If the engine has been changed out, the number wouldn't match anyway.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration