Teaching a grandson how to drive my T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Teaching a grandson how to drive my T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren E Henderson, Dunbarton / Concord, on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:35 am:

Yes it was a tuff job to take the old T out on December 26th for a ride in a blizzard, so I could teach my 10 year old grandson Josh how to drive it, but like I said someone had to do it. My daughter Nancy who is visiting from Tucson, AZ, with her family did not agree with my thinking. Steve (husband), Rachel (daughter) and Nancy were driving back from visiting my Mom, who lives in Jaffrey, NH when she spotted Joe, Josh ( 8 & 10 year old grandsons )and me driving my 1917 Model T in my driveway and it was a good thing as they had missed our house and who knows were they would have ended up. How she knew it was me driving a Model T in a snow storm I do not know, however some of you wives / mothers can fill in your own thoughts.

My biggest surprise was how easy it was to start the old T, just a few cranks and Sambuca was running. I had not taken it out for some exercise since the November ice storm on the 26th, hum what's with all the bad weather and test driving Sambuca, maybe because it never fails. A few adjustments and it was running like a top. Snow what snow, snow won't stop a Model T from going. I have a very long up hill driveway and we made it to the top several times. For you Moms I'm not completely senseless as I felt it would be unwise to take it out on the road after dark in a blizzard.

I thought that teaching my three children how to drive was exciting and it was, but nothing can compare with teaching a grandson how to drive a Model T. Only those who have had this experience themselves, will know what I'm talking about.

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 02:21 pm:

Warren

I am with you on this one. Great job teaching those youngsters. We have kids younger than your grandson learning to drive the T's in our club. Of course Dad is in the front seat with them.

Nice hack you have there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George P. Clipner on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 07:44 pm:

That's a fine looking, roasted bird. Fine looking bird holding the bird and the hack looks sweet too.
Glad you had fun.
George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren E Henderson, Dunbarton / Concord, on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:43 am:

With family and grandchildren here this was the best Christmas ever!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:31 am:

Forget the bird -- and take a passing look at the car.

It's the smile on the grandchildren's faces that have real meaning!

Priceless is over used so invaluable, precious, incalculable, cherished and treasured come to mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric flower on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 10:49 am:

I'll be the one to say it ...that's some kind of house you got there....and all that security for the T...might be just a tad too much....lol...lol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren E Henderson, Dunbarton / Concord, on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 06:07 pm:

Eric, I do not want to mislead anyone, that's a photo taken when I was out driving after the ice storm we had November 26th.

This is my humble abode.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration