OT / Movie Memorabilia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: OT / Movie Memorabilia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker / Monterey, Tennessee on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 11:05 am:

Hello:
Anyone out there collect or interested in old movie (Hollywood) kind of stuff / 30's 40's 50"s.
8x10 glossies for example?
E me if you want.

Harvey ......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 04:21 pm:

I happen to know that several regulars on this forum collect some sort of movie memorabilia. Although, this may be a bad time of year to ask such broad questions. Many people are out of their regular routine.
I, myself, used to collect "photo-play illustrated books". Those are the books that had "stills" from the film printed in them. Somewhere, packed in all my junk- uh, stuff, I have over 200 titles of such books. Most of them are from the silent era. A few into the "talkies" era. One of my favorite talkies is "Little Caesar". "Wings" is one of my favorite movies of all time. I think I have three copies of the book.
Happy New Year! And drive carefully, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 07:18 pm:

Harvy,
I have several autographed portraits from the teens, twenties and thirties, Al Jolson, Wallace Reid, Hoot Gibson, Wm Farnum and several more. All of these are autographed to Lewis Hippe. I also have a cast photo of the 1915 film "Her Painted Hero" signed by all the cast and crew. I wish I could post pix but they are all framed and hanging in a bathroom at the lake. It's funny, when people use that bathroom they are usually gone for a while looking at the memorabilia.
Happy New Year, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 07:19 pm:

oops...Harvey, sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 07:22 pm:

I've collected movie poster and memorabilia for about 20 years. I started out with stuff from movies based on novels by author Harold Bell Wright (1920-30s). Then I started collecting a few old westerns and 1950-60s Disney movies. The silent movie era posters are a great thing to display with Model Ts. Some of those movie items are really hard to find, as most of the stuff ended up in WWII paper drives. I have heard that about half of all movies before 1942 do not have any surviving posters. Also many of them are lost films.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dolo F, South Texas on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 07:28 pm:

Any Esther Williams? My daughter-in-law is a big fan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 08:18 pm:

I don't have any Esther Dolo....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 12:10 pm:

I collect stuff related to Howard Hughes and have a few things from his movie making days.

One is a blanket with "Hughes Productions" imprinted on it. A friend found it in a thrift store in Los Angeles many years back & I managed to acquire it by trading a couple of WW2 era things I had.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration