Brake Drum Diameters?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Brake Drum Diameters?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris ,Missouri on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:08 pm:

What are the diameters of brake drums on a 1909-25 brake drum?

The reason I ask I went to mount my wheels and the rear axle is setup for 09-25 brake cams and shoes but when I tried to mount the wheels my brake drum is way too big and the shoes will never touch the drum. This car was slapped together with new and old model T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:57 pm:

Inside diameter is eight inches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 11:12 pm:

Sounds like you have a '26-'27 wheel and/or brake drum. But I don't have one to measure.
Happy New Year! And drive carefully, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 11:33 pm:

I believe the 26-27 drums are 11 inches.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration