OT Birthday Milestone

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: OT Birthday Milestone
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Protexter, Sioux City, Iowa on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 02:13 am:

Most of us on the forum celebrate birthday milestones at 50, 60, or 70 years of age but on 12/30/10 my son Ned will be 21. He has been T'ing with me since I bought my first one and a constant companion since. He started driving when he was 14 and I can't get him to stop. When we go on tours or to Chickasha he does all the prep work and all the driving, that way I get to look at all the other cars on the road. He has two cars of his own, one being a project and the other a 26 speedster with a fronty head that runs like a scalded dog. Ned's knowledge of T's surpassed mine a few years ago, I just try not to let him know it. Young people like Ned are the future of our club and hobby. Happy Birthday Ned and many many more to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana USA on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 02:25 am:

Hey, Ned, Happy Birthday, mine was yesterday, the 29th, but I've had a lot more of them than you have.

I first met Ned at the Bill Evers estate auction in Wagner, South Dakota about 6 or 7 years ago. I was amazed at how much knowledge he had about Model T's in particular and old cars in general. I have run into him at a couple other auctions, tours and in Chickasha just often enough to watch him grow up. He was a nice kid and is a fine young man who always makes a point to talk to an old geezer like me. Glad to have you in the hobby, Ned, you and the other guys your age will be the guys buying all the stuff at our estate auctions some day and will be in charge of keeping all this stuff for some other generation. Happy 21!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:34 am:

I first got to know Ned years ago here on the Forum. His posts were always knowledgeable and thoughtful. At one of the events on the Clear Lake tour in '06, I was seated at a table with some other folks. One introduced himself as Dan Protexter, and I asked whether he was related to Ned. I thought Dan might be Ned's brother or son. To my surprise, Dan introduced me to Ned, his 16-year-old son! Now I see them every year at Chickasha, and both are very courteous and pleasant to visit with. As Dan and Unca' Stan said, guys like Ned are the future of our hobby.

Ned will be a bona fide "old-timer" Model T guy by the time he's 30. :-)

Happy Birthday, Ned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 11:44 am:

Mike Ned is already a bond fide "old timer", I too have watched Ned grow up and sold him lots of T parts in Chickasha to help him get started, we need all those kids we can get interested in T and TT's Happy Birthday Ned, and Stan Happy Birthday to you also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 01:12 am:

Happy Birthday, and Happy New Year!
And drive carefully, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration