Shipping a car to Hawaii

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Shipping a car to Hawaii
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 02:40 am:

How would a person go about getting a T from Oregon to Hawaii?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:49 am:

I vote for a ship. The train takes too long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hunt Dowse on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:02 am:

My brother shipped his '50 Chevy pickup over there. It went in a container and he picked it up over there. I don't know the details but a search ought to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:28 am:

Not meaning to be mean,but in a few years you could ship the remains back in a pepper shaker.Rust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:25 am:

Royce and Mack LOL :-)

Hunt is probably right - Container

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George...Cherry Hill, NJ on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:35 am:

Container is the way. Call around a port area and find someone who will handle 20 footer hard tops...that way you could have the whole container to yourself and have it chocked and tied down your way with nobody else needing to share the load and/or moving your 'prize'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff rey L. Vietzke on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 06:48 pm:

I hate to say it, but I agree with Mack. I visit Hawaii annually, and between the high humidity and the salt air, vintage tin hasn't much of a chance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Von Nordheim on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:28 pm:

Container is the way. Find a port and a "Shipper" that goes to Hawaii. Once you have determined which port having a container ship that goes to Hawaii, then find a "Shipper" at that port and he will handle it. If you do not have transportation to the sea port, the "Shipper" can also take care of that. I suggest, that you trailer your T to the shipping port and witness your T going in the container. You do not want your car sitting dock side or in a holding lot (Un-protected) until it is loaded in the container. Talk with several shippers as prices may vary.
Make sure the container ship is going to Hawaii and not some other port where the container would be off loaded and transferred to some other ship. Make sure you know when the container with your T is due to dock in Hawaii.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Locke on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 03:00 am:

there are brokers that ship a full container to hawaii. From LA to Hawaii its about $5000 for a 20'

You will probably have to have Drain the fuel and oil.

I use Hawaiian express based in La Mirada, Ca to ship our products. I have also shipped from Portland and Seattle.

Good Luck

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration