Radiator Drain

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Radiator Drain
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Georgetown Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 10:55 am:

Hi all,

I am getting ready to re-install my radiator in the 27 Hack. Long story short, when the rad was re-done 15 years ago, there was no bung installed for a drain valve. Every time I want to change the antifreeze, we pull off the bottom hose and let it drain that way.

On to my question - I want to install a bung in lower connecton, as the factory did. I have a brass bung to install, as well as a drain to thread into it. Do I just solder the bung in place with some good lead solder and be done with it, or is there something else I need to do?

If someone could post a picture of the factory location of the drain, that would be a big help as well. I searched and found lots of pics, but none really show a good angle of the drain cock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 12:41 pm:

Greg,
I assume that this is an original 26-7. The drain is on the very bottom of the radiator outlet fitting.
Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration