How to post a picture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: How to post a picture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Saltsgaver on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:33 pm:

I can't find any directions on the site, so will ask here. How do I post a picture?
thanks,
Mike Sa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Oder on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:45 pm:

Posting Photos...

Where you are typing up a post, you will see a bar that says upload attachment

If you click on that it will open a box that lets you name your attachment. Any name will do.

This same box has a "browse" to click on and this will open up your My Pictures folder in your computer. It is assumed you will know where you put the picture you want to post, so find it and click on it.

Finally you click on upload and a link to your photo will appear at the end of the post you are typing.

There are requirements of course - the file size is limited to 200 Kb - generous compared to some other forums I can think of.

J.O.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr., Portales, New Mexico on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:46 pm:

Mike,

If you look to the right of where you wrote your message there is an "upload Attachment" button. Press that button and follow its instructions. The picture file has to be small. I can't remember what the maximum size is but someone here will tell us.

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Saltsgaver on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:52 pm:

Sorry I wasn't clear in the exact problem. I got to the point of attaching the photo file to the message, but ran into the 200kb size issue. I don't know how to reduce the photo (my computer says it's 3077kb) down to the 200. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pep C. Strebeck on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:01 pm:

picture

Just checking to see if the resize worked

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:02 pm:

Mark:
My Grandson found a free site called PIC RESIZE, and he was able to do some resizing For me. Give it a try, but follow the direction and try a few photoS as a test.

bill d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Saltsgaver on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:10 pm:

I have the paint shop pro program on my computer & under the resize box it only talks about pixel counts & photo size (as in 4 x 6 inches), but doesn't talk about file size. I'm not very bright when it comes to this stuff....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Oder on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:14 pm:

Try making it 9" wide Mike - Paint Shop Pro 5 lets me do that, then save it at that size and go see what the file size is (like you did to find out it was 3077Kb)

If still over 200, try a smaller resize.

J.O.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Saltsgaver on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:28 pm:

Ok, lets try this....Test Picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Saltsgaver on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:29 pm:

Oh my.....it's awfully big. It was 5 x 3 & 170kb according to the program. Guess i'll go a lot smaller next try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:31 pm:

Here is a link that may help.

http://www.pcuser.com.au/pcuser/hs2.nsf/lookup+1/62BA618FA4834BC4CA25706E001AB4E 7

Or, do a google search for "resizing photos for web posting paint shop pro" and you will get a ton of examples.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:36 pm:

Mike, The size looks fine to me and shows more detail then making this particular photo smaller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers-Greenville Pa. on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:44 pm:

"Paint" came with my computer. I have the photos in my documents folder. If I right click on the photo I want to post options pop up asking "open with...." Choose "paint".
When the photo appears in "paint" click on "images" on the top and then on "resize/skew". Reduce the horizontal and vertical percent the same amount until the photo is less than 200 kb. Trial and error for me but it works.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration