OT........................Rosie The Riveter" Dies at age 86 12/26/10

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: OT........................Rosie The Riveter" Dies at age 86 12/26/10
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:54 pm:

And another Icon of the greatest generation here in America passes, Here's the link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/29/AR2010122905336. html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 01:16 am:

That was a really great story Jay, thank you for posting. Those ladies and the civilian work force provided the "goods" that won the war. About 25 years ago an elderly man brought in a portrait of his recently deceased wife. The photograph was an 8x10 bust portrait in her WAC uniform and was the most beautiful hand tinted print I have ever seen. If you didn't know better you would swear it was a modern color photograph. When I told him what he had he told me it had been done in New York and that she had been a model for war posters...incredible. Wish now I had written down the history...Real unsung hero's.
Thanks again...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration