John Kuehn: W.P.Seng locking steering wheel on my '26 Fordor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: John Kuehn: W.P.Seng locking steering wheel on my '26 Fordor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 08:59 pm:

Earlier today on the "Body Colors" thread, I was asked by John Kuehn (sp) what type of steering wheel was on my '26 Fordor. I checked and it is a "Locking Wheel", manufactured by W.P. Seng, in Chicago, IL. The heavy circular rod under the spider is connected to the horn and sounds the horn when tilted. I told John I didn't much care for it and will be reverting it back to the original Ford 17" Model T spider and will be selling this one. Here are some pictures. Can anyone tell me anything else about it? Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 12:03 am:

I have one like that for sale in the parts trailer w/key danuser88@socket.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John A Kuehn on Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 09:11 am:

Thanks Jim for the info on your steering wheel. I have a Spencer and was looking for the right key blank to use with the wheel. I dont have a key for it and some of the lock shops in this area dont seem to have a key blank that has the right keyway for it to make a key.
I think it was a Chicago blank but there are some other brands that has the same keyway.
Thanks again

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration