FB anyone?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: FB anyone?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 09:23 pm:

I know of just three forum regulars besides me who are on Facebook. Anybody else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Faccin - Crystal Falls, Michigan on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 09:29 pm:

Yes I'm a regular Steve. Anyone is welcome, but warning it can be tough on my page. :-)

BTW, there are a few forum members on my page.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 10:16 pm:

Not sure how to pull it up in search, but the easiest way is to scroll down on my Ford Facts main page and click on the FB icon.

http://vintagefordfacts.blogspot.com/

I know a couple of y'all have added me, everyone else is welcome to add me too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet, Lafayette, LA. on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 10:22 pm:

I'm on Facebook but I don't spend much time on the site. Like it here better. Me being somewhat young at 36.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Hagstrom on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 11:00 pm:

I'm on FB, might have to post a few more T pics there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 11:24 pm:

I have a hard enough time keeping track of passwords and log in's at the hospital, clinic, my business e-mail, home e-mail, and occasionally looking at the MTFCA and MTFCI sites. I don't plan on getting on Facebook too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George P. Clipner on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 11:56 pm:

I'm on with six other people from here, but not much 'T' chat. More family and co-worker socializing. I'm on it all the time.
George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George P. Clipner on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 12:02 am:

Steve, just sent a request.
Geo n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 12:07 am:

The Lone Star T Club has a Facebook page. Click here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lone-Star-Ts/167442449973545?v=info&sk=info

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 01:52 am:

Yeah, I'm on Facebook. Just search my name.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 02:08 am:

I am and I have a couple of folks from here as friends. Yoiu're all welcome but most of my activity is in Danish so you would probably not understand much....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen, Ham Lake, MN on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 09:45 am:

I'm also on Facebook but haven't done much and probably never will. More or less put it up to see if any old friends stumble across me and try to make contact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 10:27 am:

I'm on Facebook, but I don't look at it a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 11:10 am:

For those of you here on Facebook, take a minute and goggle "facebook security risks". I think it's a good way to pick up a computer social disease or have your privacy compromised especially if you have a limited understanding of Internet security.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB-Toms River N.J. on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 11:41 am:

I'm on it but honestly, I've never found or been found by anyone I currently don't know. Guess it's an age thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 12:57 pm:

I'm on facebook. So is the "Midwest Model T Club".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darin Hull on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 01:27 pm:

Im on. I used to check my Facebook multiple times a day... now I find that this is the site I'm checking every few hours. That's saying something for a guy in his 30s. :-)

Darin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 01:50 pm:

i am too bob sell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 02:13 pm:

Darin, an advantage for me is that I work at home at my computer, so I spend a lot of time in front of it. My browser is Firefox and I have three default tabs that open first thing in the morning. The first is my "working tab," where I read news, check my bank account, research terminology, consult online dictionaries, etc. The second is the Model T forum and the third is Facebook. Whenever I'm ready to take a break from work, I flip to the other two tabs and read the most recent posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach, Ca on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 07:15 pm:

The Orange County Model T Club sends out info on FB and is really a good way to quickly contact members about tours and meetings.

I visit it occasionally but not as often as this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICK NELSON - East Grand Forks, MN on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 08:50 pm:

Facebook! I am still learning how to use the forum!!
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 05:30 am:

FB? There is me thinking this was a thread about a 1960 or 1961 grey motor Holden. Silly me! Dave C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz-Sheboygan on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 09:20 am:

I have a face book account but don't use it much. I have been "found" by old classmates and barroom acquaintances,but no model t people yet. Maybe I should update my profile. I haven't quite figured out the whole face book thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 12:33 pm:

I have an account, mainly because it was a way of communicating with my son while he was in Afghanistan. The longer he was there, the more he was able to communicate by phone and e-mail, so Facebook went by the wayside. I was able to make contact with some people I haven't seen in 25 years, but it was more a passing fancy. I haven't been on there in weeks now. I just never got it. There were people on there spilling their guts to the whole world about every minor problem they encountered every day of the week. Again, I just don't get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis L. Myers on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 01:08 pm:

On FB for political discourse. Warning - I am not of the politically correct persuasion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis L. Myers on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 01:09 pm:

I should add that my FB page has an album of T pics from 2010 Winter Tour Florida.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 01:13 pm:

I don't want any more personal information on the internet than I need to, and therefore, would never put myself on Facebook. Besides there have been numerous problems with that site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer, Saginaw, MI on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 02:02 pm:

I'm on it too. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 02:05 pm:

Dennis, I also park my tour photo albums on FB. There is a feature with each album that has a link at the bottom that you can copy and send to people not on FB so they can see the photos as well. I just post that link here on the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 05:07 pm:

I'm on there. James Mitchell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 05:39 pm:

Me too !, although l still dont see the point, it just uses the email system, so why not just email, but l'm on .

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 06:03 pm:

Facebook, Bah! Humbug! (although I do have an account, never use it, but I do have one).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 06:03 pm:

Everybody and everything are on Facebook right? Just look here:
http://www.facebook.com/totus1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 06:13 pm:

I'm on there too, but I am with David and Martin.
I don't really know how to use it, but I try to respond when someone tries to contact me.
I use e-mail.
Roar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 06:18 pm:

I've been looking hard for references and I swear I cannot find anything on FB in my 1927 and earlier literature. I can easily document where DB was used by the Dodge Brothers to identify some of the parts they made, but I cannot locate anything about an FB forging or casting mark.

Ok -- so I am not an early adopter of technology.... The other day I was talking to my wife about possibly getting an 1953 style MG kit car because it had a modern 1970 VW running gear. She looked at me and laughed saying "40 years old and modern?"

Thanks for putting up with me. And if someone sees any 1914-1922 open car body number information on FB -- please let me know.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 06:32 pm:

Hap,

I'm surpprised you couldn't find it. The FB casting mark stands for Ford's Best, which is of course the Model T. So, there you are. This thread is not OT, but right on target! :-) :-)

What's Facebook?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 06:39 pm:

I was on it but removed myself after i kept getting requests for Farmville and other stuff, i just don't care about peoples daily lives in excess.
Grouchy Rick in TN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Pullin on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 07:06 pm:

IMHO - facebook is great fun for keeping up with friends. But it isnt really suitable for these types of discussions. I think this forum is one of the best resources for any hobby on the net. And i am in a few online forums. As you see not everyone is on facebook, and not everyone wants to go onto FB. If someone wants to put up a FB page so that everyone from around the globe can put a pic of themselves and their T, that would be a bit of fun. MTFCI has a FB page but there is nothing on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 08:24 pm:

ME!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 08:38 pm:

I'm with Larry. They're security problems are bad. I'm not even using my real last name here...grin....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 08:39 pm:

and my spelling is worse..."their", that is...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 09:02 pm:

Someone showed me this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a69RpEBJFAY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 09:24 pm:

I have a facebook page but don't use it much: Robert Poane (although pictures of my T are on my facebook page and I have a web site too: DrPoane.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 01:30 am:

Yup, I'm on Facebook with lotsa car photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 01:58 am:

I thought this thread was about the
Farm Bureau!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 05:53 am:

I'm on and so is:

Midwest-Chapter-Model-T-Ford-Club-International

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Aiken, SC on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 08:29 am:

Me too, but like alot of you, don't frequent it.
I do have a picture of me in our 27 speedster posted but not much else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 11:36 am:

I'm there, but limited info, plus with dial-up, it's a pain to visit.
T'
David D.
PS I'm here a LOT more often!
I should make this my "homepage!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 03:58 pm:

This IS my "facebook". I used to work in cutting-edge technology. But when people's lives started moving from the "real" world onto the "cyber" world, I did not like what I saw. I haven't taken a video game seriously since Pong! There isn't anyone from my past that I would want to hear from that I can't already talk to anytime I want.
I don't even watch professional sports. I would rather play a bad game of baseball at a group picnic than watch any game on TV.
The only reason I spend so much time here is that I spend so much time sitting with sick family and I need something to occupy my mind. And this IS the best site on the web. Thank you for that.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 04:54 pm:

Although I am still a gamer, I love your outlook, Wayne...grin..I'm still working on getting rid of this dang cell phone...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alexander Brown on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 08:04 pm:

FB - NEVER !!!!

I'm 31 and have never (neither will I) used it.

I value my ever erroding rights to privacy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 11:00 pm:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inland-Empire-Model-T-Club/188588921219927

The Spokane area Model T Club has a page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 08:14 am:

I have a FB account but never go there as a participant. Mostly just FB stalk my kids in stealth mode (parents need to know). Great tool for that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 09:44 am:

Erich, that's the reason that I signed up. Now, a few friends have gotten me into the habit of checking my page every 3-5 days, just to see what funny things they've posted. Once in a while, I post a photo or a comment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 08:03 pm:

I am. Search for either Patrick Martin, Lafayette, LA or EZFEED, Lafayette, LA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson on Friday, November 04, 2011 - 12:22 am:

I'm there but I have my privacy settings set so high I almost block myself....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Brockhouse on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 02:36 am:

I'm on also. Was going to get some pics of my 24 on there eventually, but right now mostly pics of my beautiful family:-) Anyone can hit me up with a request. I'm always interested with seeing other peoples cars. Hopefully when I can get to work on mine more, I could show it off more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea Aldrich on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 01:56 am:

Both John and I are FB users.

There is a group who does a yearly tour, on FB. Search CanAm Tour
Last year the tour was based out of Abottsford, BC, next year is Bremerten,WA. The club from Kitsap is sponsoring that tour.

Our local Model T Club is carboncanyonmodelt.com
There is a membership list, past and current events, items for sale too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 07:41 am:

I have to eat me words I do, I been posting the photos of my project from the early days back in 1979 to present.
And now I find myself checking it everyday, insidious I tell you, it's simply insidious!

My name there is Martynn Vowell (Welsh spelling)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:11 am:

I'm on face book as Modelttom speedster . I update photos of my speedster projects . Its open to everyone , stop by for a visit .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 11:36 am:

Cymru am byth, Martynn! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration