1913 Touring rear seat frame width - can you assist

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 1913 Touring rear seat frame width - can you assist
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 01:24 am:

Anyone with a 1913 Touring....
Can you measure the width of your front and rear seat frames, outside to outside (of framework not body ) for me and height from the top of the seat base to top of roll both front and rear seats.
Pics of the under framework would also be so helpful too.

email address

dandrdare@bigpond.com

How much different in width of the rear body to the front of the body .. my re wooding seems wide at the back , maybe to wide .... not sure.

thanks in advance for your assistance.

David Dare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By peter kable Kiama Australia on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 03:09 am:

David, you probably have a Canadian touring body if so some of them are a lot wider than the normal bodies.

I remember years ago there was a discussion on these bodies in The Vintage Ford magazine. The owner of one wrote asking about it and unknown to him one of his mates organized for another member to write in claiming the body was specially made for an Indian Maharaja as he was a large person and couldn't fit into the normal width seat. I was in the USA at the time and went to his house and was told the story by the proud owner. It wasn't until we left that the guy I was with let me in on the secret ( he was the instigator) it was 12 months before they owned up to their joke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 03:20 pm:

G'day Peter, Minnesota USA body.
cheers David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 05:16 pm:

wow , l received Leon's plans set yesterday, now thats nice work, it'll keep me going in the right direction.
Cheers David.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration