1915 interior pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 1915 interior pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 01:03 am:

Anyone got some shots of a 15 interior they can post/send me? I'm about ready to try putting mine in and wonder about attaching kick panels,etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 01:26 am:

PM sent
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Yancho on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 05:56 pm:

Could you post them? I would like to see them too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 01:58 am:

Here's what I have...

: ^ )
Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Harper - Keene, New Hampshire on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 08:46 am:

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the pictures. I don't have a '15 but I do always enjoy looking at pictures of original unrestored upholstery. There is so much information to be gleaned by examining a car such as yours. Thank you, again. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 11:24 am:

Great photos Keith. I always enjoy looking at unrestored pictures. I recently got a new run of upholstery binding, and it's available from Langs. Whats the story on your horn button? Has it been removed, and they put the screws back in?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 02:36 pm:

The car is not mine. I dunno who's car it is. I harvested the pictures from somewhere. Maybe the owner will step forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James N. Cook on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 02:47 pm:

Notice that on the original upholstery, the first section of the arm rest is leather. I had original doors and I don't remember the extra row of tacks across the door.

BTW. I was able to fix the coil spring in the door clasp with a piece of spring steel from a windshield wiper. The original brass has a natural fatigue spot at the hub.

Tour America,
JC :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 07:09 pm:

Here's what my 1915 Touring looks like on the inside:

The backrests are a little over-stuffed to be absolutely correct and of course, the mini-panel with the ammeter and rotary switch isn't original. I believe the smooth pedals are correct and consistent with a late-production car (#767495) built in May. I've read that the hand Klaxon isn't original, but I haven't seen too many 1915-16 open cars without one. The steering wheel should be painted black, but I like the look of red-stained and varnished wood grain too much.

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration