Model T cooker question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Model T cooker question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 03:52 pm:

Going to a show this Sunday and would like to cook some Hotdogs and Sauerkraut in my cooker. The trip should take about an hour or so. My question is how much water do I use in the cooker without making a mess. Should I plan on adding more water as I drive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 05:31 pm:

I don't care for "sauerkraut" and don't have a cooker so I just do the "dogs" in the Rad..........Sorry Will,,,,,But this will get your question back to the top....bump Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 05:45 pm:

It may take longer than an hour to cook things up properly. But then again, hotdogs only need to be "heated". The kraut is another thing all together. Only put enough water to barely cover the dogs. We found that lining the cooker with foil SLOWS the cooking down considerably. Check it after 39 minutes and you'll have a feel for how it is progressing and what you should do from then on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 06:10 pm:

THIRTY NINE Minutes??? I thought it was Forty one! Guess it depends on the size of the Hot Dog??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 07:37 pm:

Think I'll just go with 2/3rds of a minute.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 08:32 pm:

We use an oven bag to keep the cooker clean. I have cooked brats, baked beans, chili, a roast. Just put all the fixings into the bag, tie it up and drive. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 08:48 pm:

That's hilarious!!! I'm such a dope. I meant to type 30 minutes!! But 39 or 41 will do just fine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew K. Deckman on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 09:18 pm:

Have the kraut cooked and just heat up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:09 pm:

Use lotsa kraut so you'll have extra gas in case you run low.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:11 pm:

That was sposed to be 2/3rds of an hour. Duh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:57 pm:

You guys cant even type. Should you be cooking and driving at the same time? Ha....

Let us know, in the interest of science, how it goes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 11:51 pm:

I take two small 'Tom & Jerry' glasses . . you know, the ones for orange juice . . and put a good size double sheet of tin foil in one - 'squish' the other glass in the first one .. and you have a great little container for 'Kraut' in the little 'cup'. That keeps the kraut and water separate!
The reality of it is . . cook 'em (the hot dogs) first . . . throw 'em in the cooker - and you will get more response than you can imagine!
Oh the FUN!!
I have more fun from that cooker . . than anything else!

Best / "Crazy Grandpa"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 02:19 am:

Someone must have photos of The manifold cooker in action. Please, no more roadkill either.

Lets see your manifold cooker pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 07:08 am:

quote:

Someone must have photos of The manifold cooker in action. Please, no more roadkill either.

Lets see your manifold cooker pics.

This is my son, the MTFCI Youth Editor out in South Dakota last summer when, --along with some friends, we shared cooking a meal on our Express and his '16 Touring as we drove up to Mt. Rushmore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 07:10 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 09:23 am:

Will,

Franks and Beans sounds much better. Have fun at the show. From the pictures it looks like a good time.

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 01:23 pm:

Now thats what I'm talking about. I can almost smell it. I think a belated fathers day gift to myself is in order, seeing as I do not have this valuable accessory yet.

So those oven cooking bags don't melt in the cooker?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 01:41 pm:

That was my question as well! Those bags dont melt to the oven?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Rademacher, Parkerfield Ks 26 on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 03:34 pm:

Now I have to go out and get a cooker. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 10:19 pm:

No science, fill the cooker with kraut and precooked weiners (hotdogs), drive. Will start smelling right away and should be perfect whenever you get where you're going. Let the wife worry about how to clean the cooker.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 07:54 am:

It sure looks good. Where can I find one of these cookers?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 08:34 am:

. .. "Let the wife worry about how to clean the cooker . . ." RIGHT!!

Andy . . one question . . . Are you married?? LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 12:13 pm:

Wife said a few words about the possibility of Andy being from the Dinosaur time and a place she would stick the cooker if he were here. Just be warned Andy, itís not a good place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bishop on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 01:23 pm:

Willis,
I got mine at http://www.andersontimer.com/Manifold%20Cooker%20ad%20page.htm

No connection on my part. Just good quality and we're enjoying it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 01:32 pm:

Andy,

I read your post regarding "pre-cooked weiners" and got an image of Anthony Weiner strapped to a T engine all roasted up. I think I lost my appetite for the day.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration