I got mine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: I got mine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 12:08 pm:

Here's a glamorous model wearing one of those shop coats a lot of us have been buying lately. I won't be using it while we're still enjoying triple digit temperatures, but it should be good for winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 12:48 pm:

Didn't help your looks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 01:19 pm:

Hello Steve

That looks like GI issue?

GI issue

Harvey .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 01:44 pm:

Here we go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 01:47 pm:

Sorry, Dick, it didn't come with a mask.

Harvey, they're Czech army. The price is under $10 each, including shipping!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Rapinz--Garrettsville, Ohio on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 03:33 pm:

They never issued stuff like that when I did my time. Woulda definately re-upped. And for what it's worth Steve, I think you look dashing and dapper!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 04:24 pm:

Harvey,

I retired from the Army Reseve a couple of years ago. I was Ordnance...maintenance...I'd forgotten how much I missed it.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 06:24 pm:

Hi Steve

Your referring to Mom's Apple Pie, Correct?

rabbit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 06:26 pm:

Harvey....just miss seeing the troops.....

Actually I shouldn't joke aobut that. Soldiers are soldiers, and the best maintainers I ever had were nearly always the women.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 06:31 pm:

Steve, you can probably incorporate "dashing" and "dapper" into your resume, but I think you should probably drop "glamorous." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 06:33 pm:

Steve:

My son-in-law (USAF) is with the Jolly Greens out of Albuquerque, New Mexico and from what I've gathered. I believe he may feel the same way with regards to maintainers.

Harvey ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner on Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 01:21 am:

I think he looks very extinguished. ;{P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 01:40 am:

That's Dr. Steve wearing an official Model T Mechanic's smock.

Love your shop, Steve. Looks much like mine - well used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 02:44 pm:

The dapper model may be wearing the new shop coat, but the beautiful model appears to be wearing a coat of dust.
I always enjoy being allowed to share your day, thanks, Steve.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 02:57 pm:

What does wearing a shop coat do? I've always worn a pair of worn out Levis and a scrougy T shirt. I taught woodshop for two dozen years, and wore a shop coat then, so I wouldn't get saw dust all over the teachers cafeteria at lunchtime. I've seen johnny come latelys wear shop coats to swapmeets with the logo of their favorie car on back. I guess they are having some kind of identity problem? I know I'm going to get some good remarks from this one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 03:04 pm:

In my case, if I don't get a new gas line installed to the shop I'll be wearing it to keep warm. I guess otherwise it's just a costume.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 03:11 pm:

Steve, I'm in the same boat. I have gas in the house and a furnace in the garage and no gas line in between yet. I have promised myself the last 3 years it was going to be done. I have a feeling that it is going to get done this year. On a side note, without heat last year, the garage never got below 40F. Gotta love the insulation. R49 in the ceiling and 4-1/2 inches of foil faced foam in the walls. 2-1/2 inches of insulation in the floor. Insulated doors and windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 05:03 pm:

Doug, Sounds like you ought to be able to heat that shop with a candle or two!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 09:45 pm:

I got mine too, sized just a little large, after a wash it will be the perfect size.
Hmmmmmmm.....they smell funny too !!!

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 12:36 am:

Same with me Larry, I have a pair of old jeans that got torn on my bare seat springs, a shirt (both long sleeve flannel for winter and a short sleeve cotton "T" (just the shirt for working on T's :-)) for summer) with nicely placed oil spatter and a pair of old worn out shoes, who needs a shop coat!

Those coats are so clean and pretty, they'd probably live out their life on a hook in the garage because I'd hate to get em dirty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 02:27 am:

Has anyone tried bleaching one out white , and using it as a duster ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 05:49 pm:

Dusters were not white. They were of unbleached linen. More of a beige. I have two originals. One buttons on the left, one on the right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 07:09 pm:

Darel, is one for the passenger and one for the driver?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 07:26 pm:

Men's clothing has buttons on the right (men button left over right).

Women's clothing has buttons on the left (women button right over left).

Michael Scott was not aware of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTmcMpK-gOM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 02:39 pm:

At last I got some decoration installed on the coat. It took almost four hours to stitch the thing on, but there was minimal blood spillage. The pachuco collar was accidental.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Harrison,Norco Ca on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 03:04 pm:

That looks great with the Ford emblem on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lewis R. Rash - South Hill, Virginia on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 03:12 pm:

Steve, Are those incandecent light bulbs in your shop??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 03:42 pm:

Are these still available? I read somewhere that they were no longer making one of the styles of shop coats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 03:52 pm:

Hay Steve

Looks don't mean a thing,It's what you do in life that counts and tinkering with Model T is no.1 on the list.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 04:55 pm:

Looks great Steve. I've never understood the white shop coat thing. I think they look nice but in my case, I can't seem to walk past anything greasy without wearing it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 05:30 pm:

George,

This isn't the shop coat that Vintage Shop Coats was making. Those are indeed not being made. This is a Czech Military Surplus shop coat from Sportsman's Guide. You could get three of them for 20 bucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 05:35 pm:

Yep, regular old light bulbs. When I had the sign business we did screening in this room, so I wanted plenty of light. Most of the time to save juice I turn on just the half of the room where I happen to be working. No fan of CFC's, I've stocked up on bulbs to last for years. Maybe they'll have LCD's improved by the time I run out of incandescents.

Chip, here they are: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/3-new-czech-military-work-coats-brown.aspx ?a=612607

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 11:49 pm:

Thanks Steve and William.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration