Photo: Camping at Rocky Mountain Lake Park, Colorado

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Photo: Camping at Rocky Mountain Lake Park, Colorado
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 12:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 12:31 pm:

Really neat how they had the 'kitchen' slide out on those channels - very inventive . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 02:07 pm:

Looks like they've modernized their prewar car with an electric tail light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 02:18 pm:

By the way, those cottonwoods are a hint that the park isn't high in the Rockies. It's at I-70 & Federal Boulevard in Denver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 09:48 pm:

That's a nifty aftermarket body on a '15-16 Runabout or cutoff Touring, can't tell which. It looks like one of those fold-out kitchen kits on the running board, but that one at the rear is really neat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mattthew G California on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 10:25 pm:

I think this would be a fun car to build!

Any idea of what is hanging off the side behind the chair?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 10:41 pm:

Thats a canvas water bag.Very common item in the day when traveling by wagon or auto.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 10:44 pm:

Love the bowtie and porkpie hat. Now thats class!

schuh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Melbourne, Australia on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 11:06 pm:

Photo of a young Peter Kable with his Kamper???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson on Monday, September 12, 2011 - 12:07 am:

Here's the other side of the camper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, September 12, 2011 - 06:43 am:

Was she texting her friends?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, September 12, 2011 - 06:45 am:

Appears to be a left over WWI ambulance body that has been repurposed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Monday, September 12, 2011 - 07:51 am:

Notice the gent's manners. When dinner was ready he removed his cap in the dining room. ;)

I think it's a bit narrow for a repurposed WWI ambulance but it does have some similarities. I could see a veteran of that war using any experience he may have had with an ambulance implementing some of the design.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Monday, September 12, 2011 - 08:06 am:

I think the slide out storage/table is a neat use of space. The biggest problem with it would be cleaning all the dirt out of that compartment before you could use it. Anyone with a modern PU or SUV with the spare tire mounted in that location who has ever lived on a gravel or non hard surface road knows what I'm talking about.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration