Your Favoutite T picture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Your Favoutite T picture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 10:51 pm:

Previous posts featuring member photos and car photos have been very interesting. I found this one today while cleaning up some of my picture files. It was taken at the 2010 National Rally, Windsor,Australia. It was not set up and my wife still laughs when we talk about it.
How many experts to fix this T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Robert Baker on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 11:23 pm:

This is one of my favorites its my touring cut off after sitting since 1944 when my grampa parked it. The picture was taken around 2001 when it was passed down to me. Its in sad shape but now its happy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 11:24 pm:

My wife took this one at the Strathalbyn Rally last year...Dave C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 12:03 am:

This one required a whole cadre of experts to diagnose too:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Dexter, MN on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 12:06 am:

I really like this one, but I wish my 3 year old who was handing me the wrench would have been in the picture too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 12:56 am:

This is my newest picture with the grandkids. I have another granddaughter that is too new to be in this picture and one on the way in June. If they keep coming, I might have to get a Depot Hack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 01:24 am:

I have two favorites. Both were shot at the weekly cruise-in:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 01:26 am:

I love this one, in the right place at the right time as the owner of this veteran always gives us curry about owning "...a common, garden variety model 'T's". Heh, heh, yep, I got some milage out of this photo...Dave C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 01:42 am:

I am like Bob Coira it would be hard for me t pick just one photo.

Rainbow curve overlook part way up Trail Ridge.

A110

I guess my fovorite might be the one below on Cameron Pass.

cameron Pass

I like this one below of my car and another running fender to fender in the Montana 500.

fender to fender

Three model Ts on a previous Leaf Peeper Tour on the peak to peak highway.

3 model ts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 01:44 am:

Since many of the photos so far have involved repairs, I will add this one.
My son and I pursuing the elusive fuel delivery problem.

We did eventually find it.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 08:10 am:

This is my favorite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 08:48 am:

I like this one but I have others that are good, too.

b

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 09:09 am:

I have to put up two so when you see the back of the bike it makes more sence and this is how the servi-car was used to pick up & deliver cars for service last weekend I went to a show over a thirty mile ride one way & this is how I went.
Will, were is she with my speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 09:19 am:

This just seems right for this time of the year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 09:47 am:

Actually, here's my favorite, and I hope it will be yours too.

C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 10:32 am:

This was in the Snowy Range in 2009 on the CO/WYO tour

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 10:48 am:

This was taken one cool fall evening six years ago. The '12 roadster was my late father's from about 1980 'till his passing in 1999.

Unseen until the scene was illuminated by flash, there is a misty fog above and behind the car ó I've always fancied it being Dad's Ghost hamming around and getting in on the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 11:07 am:

William, that was my runner up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 11:35 am:

October 2010 we took the T to Yosemite. Our grandson Jake had neither been to Yosemite before, no had ridden in the Model T. He really enjoyed it.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 11:55 am:

She got to go with me-1982- ALASKA TO GOLDEN Co.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 05:36 pm:

l second Will's favorite. Here's mine:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 07:04 pm:

Dave, l have looked at that pic of yours many times.... thats another story !!

Here is my collection of pics, that make you wonder, why !!!
In pic 3 if you look really closely, you'll see how far we had gotten in front of 4 other cars.
We managed to get 3/4 the way up and the 12 just decided it to much, so l waited for the engine to cool and the family legged it up about a further 2 miles, one Texas couple stopped while l was waiting and asked "if l needed some gum ", that one comment just summed up a really big day,and mighty hot.
The BEERS at the hotel at the end of the day were well needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes-Men Falls, WI on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 08:20 pm:

That"s me last winter racing Maynard's polo car on the melting ice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 10:34 pm:

Labeled T
This is a fun picture that explains some of the finer points of Model Ting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 01:17 am:

Here are a couple of recent pohotos.

Cliff Proctor in his Barnyard Cruiser trying out the new track.

Keith Robinson in my Cruiser

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 10:56 am:

Fixer, future fixer, and future fixer trainee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Austen on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 12:45 pm:

My family's 09 in front of a old store in Eugene CA.1909

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 01:23 pm:

This is the Great Grandson of O. J. Beaudette who built the body for my 1910 Touring. The picture was taken on the cars 100 th birthday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 02:36 pm:

This has been posted before, but since this is for favorite T photos I guess I should put it here too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 03:14 pm:

Lots of great pics...love it. Since I am only getting started in this fine hobby I have but a few. My fav so far is the one where I am standing on the trailer with the car the day I brought her home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 04:00 pm:

Our grandson
737R
740R
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 04:02 pm:

Try it again
737R
740R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 04:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 10:45 pm:

I don't mind Will's favorite either, but here are some of mine:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 12:04 am:

Keep them coming. I have over 30 years of pictures to choose from. I need to scan some of my old non digital tour pics. as I have some beauties! This one is with my family and My Dads Centredoor which I borrowed for the this tour in 2005.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 12:45 am:

It keeps changing. This is my latest favorite from a Colorado tour this summer. Thanks to Mike Vaughn for the photo. My car is the red one towards the rear.

T and train

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 03:05 am:

Since Halloween is coming up, guess I might as well throw these in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 03:14 am:

Here's another one - from our centennial run here in Denmark, we used a 1911 for lightning:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 08:32 am:

Just found one from our very first trip out...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 09:00 am:

Our wedding 21 years ago. I love this photo of the groom (that's me) driving himself away from the wedding in our 1917 Ford. I was also lucky enough to have 2 other Fords as wedding cars. Life doesn't get much better than 2 x 1912's & a 1917! My wife might not agree...Dave C.

I love this photo: #109657, C98674 & #120062.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 11:24 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 01:56 pm:

I love the old Laurel & Hardy pics, they gave me my first exposure to Ts.

Fireball the cat had gotten used to using my 1923 Runabout for his mid afternoon nap. Now the car is a runner and this upholstery has been ripped out for an upgrade, he will have to find another spot for a snooze on a warm sunny day:
Fireball & T

I love this pic of Bad Kay & some of the Songbirds including Janet Klein piled on top of the T at the ragtime music festival RagFest in 2008.
Brad Kay & the Songbirds

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Martinez on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 05:16 pm:

This is a great thread!!!

Here is my favorite pic of my Model T so far, taken on mine and my wife's wedding day in August as we were driving away from the church...

I asked my wife which one was her favorite and, of course, she couldn't pick just one, so here are a few more...

The first time it ran - with my neigbor who helped me get it started, Jack, taking a little cruise around the block

Took my wife on a quick run to the store - was going to get gas but it ran out of gas before we got there so we were stuck on the side of the road. Another neighbor came and brought us gas. While we were waiting, my wife thought this made a good picture.

One more, from our wedding day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Cramer on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 01:14 pm:

My son and I putting new tires on the 27

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Cramer on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 01:16 pm:

My son and I putting tires on the 27

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 08:09 pm:

Steve Martinez, you're right; this is a great thread!

Danial Davis, your mentioning your favorite picture, standing on your trailer, triggered a memory.

I will have to find a similar picture of myself, taken many decades ago in a now-defunct Ford dealership in Corinth, MS. I remember clearly it was Saturday, February 17, 1973, and it was shot with a black & white polaroid, taken from the front of the car, of me sitting in the driver's seat, my hands on the wheel, and a look of happiness on my face. I haven't seen that picture in a long, long time, but I remember it clearly in my mind.

I'll see if I can find it and post it here.

The car came home that day, and is still with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 08:57 pm:

Steve-
Love the pictures of the speedtser on your wedding day. Any bride that is happy to have a T as her wedding transport is a keeper! All my wedding photos are are old style so I will have to scan one of them to share here.
Keep the pictures coming. I ma really enjoying looking at these pictures as I am off work recovering from surgery. Nothing like the forum to keep me entertained.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 09:15 pm:

Here it is. Th two of us on our wedding day. A poor attempt to reproduce the cover shot of "From Here To Obscurity" but memorable anyway. Our other wedding cars were a 26 Fordor and two 26' Tourings.
Sadly I sold the Torpedo to help us purchase our first home. That was nearly 20 years ago. I have owned lots of different T's since.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 09:36 pm:

Beautiful bride. Car doesn't look bad either!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 09:43 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 10:24 pm:

Sounds like a fun pic, Bill! Hope you come across it soon so you can post it here.

Hey Craig, are those cars one and the same separated by years??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Byron Hight on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 01:26 am:

This is the proper way to load-up a '10 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 01:38 am:

Too right Byron. Shame, you could fit at least another four in there! Would appreciate any photos that you may have of your car

Alan in Western Australia. chesma@iinet.net.au

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Goldberg A. - Tenerife, Spain on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 07:35 am:

Sorry, I had been away from the forum, but I have a lot of things going on lately all at the same time, switching jobs, family related, T related....
This is the back page of a local newspaper showing a little tour of our antique automobile club, and in the upper right photo is one of my daugthers on the T

I have another favorite, but Iīll post it soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle D. Conrad, Brook, IN on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 08:34 am:

A proud department...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 09:36 am:

Mario, I see in the paper that you have a new '22 touring. Picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 12:22 pm:

This is my favorite Model T pic.

War Eagle

My wife and I are in the '15 Touring. This was taken on one of our club's Spring tours a few years back, at the War Eagle Mill in NW Arkansas. Photo credit to Morris Dillow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 02:23 pm:

Mike, let me know when you're touring again; I may get a chance to come up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 08:16 pm:

Bill -- We'd love to have you participate in our tours. Our next event will be a "Winter Clinic" type of thing which we have in Jan. of each year, in Russellville. Our next actual tour will be in April, and it will be based here in Fayetteville. There will be a notice about that tour in the next VF magazine. More info is available on our club's website, www.ArkansasTinLizzies.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 09:28 pm:

This is one of the good ones from our trip taken in Oregon in the Giant Redwood area. Fabulous area for a tour. We were just lucky to get this photo.

Had pulled into a town to get gas and there was a drive through tree near the gas station. We asked the height and were told it was around 9 feet. As the Kamper is 7'3" we drove though. Found out later that others are only around 6 feet high so if we hadn't have been there for this shot we wouldn't have got one at all.

tree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 10:38 pm:

I think you might have fit in this one near Willitts, Peter. Where is the one you slid through?

rdr
Reno for now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Or on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 10:49 pm:

I have lots I like, but here's a new one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 11:21 pm:

Keep them coming guys. I am really enjoying all the pictures. I amheading off tomorrow on our clubs annual 4 day tour. I hope there are ots more favourite pictures to look at when I get back home. i might get a few more good ones this weekend as 45 T's will be touring with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 02:04 am:

I agree with Warwick - keep those photos coming! Good luck to the 40 or so 'T's at Hamilton this weekend for the Model'T' Ford Club of Victoria's Weekend Rally. I am sorry I will be missing it and will be trying real hard for next year! Dave C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 07:59 am:

This is our 1915 Touring just after restoration along with our 3 oldest grandsons, 2 of which have learned how to crank the car for starting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Goldberg A. - Tenerife, Spain on Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 08:02 am:

Here is another:
Its going up, not down.....

Steve, the newspaper made a mistake, it is the same old ī23.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Velling, Germany on Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 01:02 pm:

Hi,

i am Paul and usually i drive Audi, but this special day Michael allowed me to sit in the Model T - great :-)

My wife and me at the classic days at Schloss Dyck, near Dusseldorf in August 2011

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton/Concord, NH on Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 05:56 pm:

First is a photo of my two grandsons Josh & Joe the day after Christmas 2010.

Second is a photo of my two grand daughters Jen & Jaclyn and great granddaughter Kylianne, taken before a ride in June 2010.

Happy motoring, Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 06:22 pm:

My car the "Lady" a work in progress.
Lady

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H on Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 06:49 pm:

middle of nowhere
Just me and the Model T and the day was getting hotter and hotter. It was an eerie feeling knowing how dependent I was on the T in such an isolated place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Friday, October 28, 2011 - 06:26 am:

Collage, what a great word, here's a pic l somehow just mixed up !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 06:34 am:

The 3 'T's of Australia. A lovely old gum tree, a good lookin' model 'T', all we need now is a billy to make a cup of tea!

I love this car and the current owners know it too! It is gorgeous...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 09:29 am:

What you don't learn on this Forum. I've lived 100 yards from a small Eucalyptus grove for 38 years, and this is the first time I've realized Gum trees referred to them. Had to verify it on wiki.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 10:33 am:

"Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree...."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 11:43 am:

In California, we have one variety of very large Eucalyptus trees imported from Australia which is called "Blue Gum" When we first got married, my wife and I lived in, "Blue Gum" Canyon which is in Tujunga. That is not Tijuana but Tujunga in Los Angeles County.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 05:12 pm:

As kids we all used to sing: "Kookaburra sits on the electric wire, jumping up and down with his b#$%s on fire..."
It always earned the wrath of an adult listening...Dave C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 05:32 pm:

We spotted a big collection of Gums, just before the Golden Gate bridge crossing up in San Francisco, it seems we've donated quite a few trees !

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 09:55 pm:

Lots of gums in Greece and the middle east tooo.

Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 05:36 am:

When I rode a Motorcycle I hated passing through large stands of Euclyptus trees, they seemed to hold the chill from the morning clear till noon. You'd be riding along in 80 degree weather then hit those blasted trees and the temp would drop 20 degrees or so at least that's the way it felt.

Tujunga still has lots of Euclyptus trees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 07:21 am:

That's odd, Martin, as I do park bench pushups and hike through this grove before 5:30 every morning, and back at 7, and never noticed a morning chill. I'll take note. Mebbe I'll take a thermometer one of these days..

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 08:55 am:

Hi Guys, the gum trees (eucalyptus trees) may look great but they are a big problem in many ways, never plant one near your house as the roots will block the drain pipes and smash the foundations, get the sap on you and its a sticky mess to get off and worst of all is that they are the biggest fire trap if they dry out in summer, A fire gets to them they explode and just burn so hot that the fire will take every tree in its path. I have cleared all trees for a 100 yards around my home for that reason.
Hey Rick, where is that tree near Willitts, my relatives lived up in Lincoln Way Willitts and we use to ride the skunk train down to Fort Bragg for the day and drive back, great times.
Here is a photo taken while on a tour with David Chantrell and his family some years ago. I was coming back from Ayres Rock in the Northern Territory and the car need some adjustments under neath and the guy was going by and offered to do them for me so I gave him the shifter, he was a bit slow.... Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 09:47 am:

Near San Diego is an "uppity" community of Rancho Santa Fe. There are many Eucalyptus in that area. The old story is that over 100 years ago the Santa Fe Railroad company planted those trees, thinking the wood would make good railroad ties. The wood is too twisted for the intended purpose, so the trees weren't used for the railroad.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 10:09 am:

Cute, Ray. Reminds me of the Italian Americas' Cup team. I'll save that story for later.

Willitts, Leggett, they're all too far away.

from wiki:

The Chandelier Tree is a 315 foot (96 metre) tall coast redwood tree in Leggett, California with a 6 foot (1.83 m) wide by 6 foot 9 inch (2.06 m) high hole[1] cut through its base to allow a car to drive through. The hole was carved in the 1930s. A vintage postcard of the Chandelier Tree was shown during the opening credits of National Lampoon's Vacation.

[edit] See alsoAvenue of the Giants
Wawona Tree
[edit] References^ "Drive-Thru Tree Park". http://www.drivethrutree.com/park.html. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
[edit] External links

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 10:25 am:

Rick, of the family that was there only the young ones are left and we are all in the mid 50's to mid 60's now but I would like to come over and see them again but it will never happen for me. I still have some Redwood items from Willits that I brought home in 1970, oh how time is just zooming by. I have those fur covered animals in the paddock near the house quite often but I really dont think about hunting them as I enjoy watching the Roo's just being there. I must be getting old...Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 11:24 pm:

Another thing with Eucs is that they are inclined to drop their branches--with out giving notice!
Usually when there is a car parked underneath.
Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 12:18 am:

I heard this on the radio many years ago:

The Italian Americas Cup team had a day off, so they drove into the countryside looking for wildlife. On their way back to town, a Roo jumped in front of their rental car and they hit it. As it lay motionless on the ground the Italians took pictures of it. Clowning around, they slipped a team blazer on it and took more pix.

Suddenly, the Roo jumped up and hopped away - with blazer on, passport and car keys in its pouch. The team had to walk..

That's just what I heard, honest. . Ray, did you ever come across a Roo with an Italian passport?

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 12:20 am:

Here is a Collage from the Whitefish Tour in 2009.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 03:12 am:

Michal Vellig:

Your bear picture is one of the best of the bunch

A recent picture of my oldest boyis center door and my 16 getting ready for a day tour up in the mountains. The high counry is getting snow the last few days so we will not be able to get up very high now.

Leaving

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 08:04 am:

Ralph,

Finally worked out where the drive tru tree is. It's in Klamath California. Height is 9'6" width 7'4"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 08:17 am:

Hi Ricks, never found the passport but I got the keys, would you like me to send them to you as they are for a Fiat... Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 11:04 am:

Warwick, who owns the sedan in the first photo... Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 11:31 am:

Here is my favorite T picture.
This is my Mom and Dad about 1990 in front of theirr home in Springfield, Oregon.
On the back of the photo my father wrote "The Old Crank" with a smiley face.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 12:14 pm:

As you know, Ron, I lived in Springfield from 1951 to 1958. I don't think I ever saw a Model T in all those years. There was a big 1920s Stude in a garage near Mill St. school where I went in sixth and 7th grades, but no T in town that I had seen.

The first T I remember was a 1924 Touring brought from Eugene to my parents' 50th in 1974. For all I know, it could have been your Dad.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 05:45 am:

I finally got a copy from the local paper from a few weeks ago. I love this as my kids are in it and enjoying 'Mabel'...Dave C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G. Ramsey on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 10:17 pm:

Two favorites of mine are taking my neighbor Ed,

and my Aunt Hilda rides this fall for their 90th birthdays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G. Ramsey on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 10:27 pm:

Ed Tucker 90th-4a.jpg
and my Aunt Hilda
Hilda & Dave 10-08-11a.jpg
rides this fall for their 90th birthdays in my 1921 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 10:27 pm:

Wonderful gesture Dave, a lovely thing to do and great photos...Dave C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G. Ramsey on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 10:28 pm:

and my Aunt Hilda

rides this fall for their 90th birthdays in my 1921 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 10:46 pm:

Here are my two latest favorites

Fall 1

Fall 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 09:40 pm:

Looking good Jason, bet you can't wait until she is finished!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 09:42 pm:

I love this one too...are you feeling dizzy yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 10:02 pm:

Not nearly as dizzy as that moth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 11:31 pm:

hello

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 11:36 pm:

Dave, This winter the fenders WILL be done. I said that last winter too. I really enjoy driving her setup this way.`

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 02:51 am:

Jason, Careful now, you could really get used to that!

But I like where that car is headed. There aren't enough Ts with rumble seats.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By peeters frits on Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 08:30 am:

This is my favorite,bought it in 2005 is now in the syringe filler.
can not find the coler code of the royal maroon
anyone know the coler code?
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 09:32 am:

Frits, because your question is here in a thread entitled "Your favourite T picture," people might miss it. You could probably better start a new thread called something like, "Maroon color code help" so people will see it.

Welkom bij het forum! Er zijn andere Nederlanders hier maar ik denk dat jij de enige Limburger bent.

mvg
Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Utphall on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 09:38 pm:

the exploded T at the Henry Ford, Dearborn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steamboat on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 02:09 pm:

This is us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 03:47 pm:

Bonjour,

My favorite picture of 2011, is the holiday with the model T in late July.
1 week to drive in the "Beaujolais"(france) accompanied by my best friends.

Olivier

Benjamin 1926 / Model T 1924 / CitroŽn 5ch 1924

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 03:48 pm:

Bonjour,

My favorite picture of 2011, is the holiday with the model T in late July.
1 week to drive in the "Beaujolais"(france) accompanied by my best friends.

Olivier

Benjamin 1926 / Model T 1924 / CitroŽn 5ch 1924

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 04:32 pm:

That's me on the left showing all the teeth picking up my latest acquisition. My third T. June 2011. (one at a time thank you) and my second '23 Touring. George, on the right, needed a cinder block on the floor to help him get onto the running board and figured it was time. Had it flat bedded but actually could have driven it home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 08:51 am:

bodybox
sun drives
Sorry for cell phone quality
Couldn't find any 26/27 roadster body in Sweden - been looking on and off for 25 years - so I had to buy a front tub from California and a turtle deck from Virginia to get anywhere with my projects

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alexander Douglas Kennedy on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:09 pm:

I took this at a car show last Friday
I had to park next to some guys rat-rod
People seemed to enjoy the old 15 though so I had a good time and met some cool people

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:38 pm:

Just before the tear down for the fix-up. Cats do love T's it seems.Cat in a T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:46 pm:

My son Carston doing his Barney Oldfield impression from 2 weeks ago!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:49 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:54 pm:

My computer had some issues. Sorry about the multiple posts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration