Two man top instructions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Two man top instructions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Boothroyd on Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 10:44 pm:

Does anyone have instructions for raising and lowering the two man top?
Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Steve Boothroyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 11:49 pm:

Steve,

What I've done the few times I've tried it, is:

1. Move the uppermost bow from it's storage position on the bow below (Second Bow) to the "Up" position. Place cotter pins to secure.

2. With the help of one or two helpers, move the second bow from the storage location to the "Up" position for the second bow which is the little arm sticking out of the side of the front seat. Place cotter pins to secure. This step will basically bring your top up.

3. Latch the first bow to the windshield using either clamps on the bow or two straps to fasten to the loop on the side of the windshield. Which you have will depend on the year of your car.

4. Must be something I've missed. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 01:08 pm:

Ford Service Bulletin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 01:49 pm:

Dan,

That's the one man top.:-)

Are you going to Moultrie?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 02:20 pm:

Hal;
When is Moultrie? My friends go, but I always had something going on that weekend. Do they have much Model T stuff?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 02:35 pm:

It's this coming Fri, Sat, and Sun. No, they don't typically have a lot of T stuff, but it's fun to walk around see what they do have, and you do sometimes stumble onto something. If we go, it will be Sunday. Too much to do before then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 08:40 am:

Steve,

Easy with two people. Difficult with one.

I do it myself from inside the car, careful not to let the bows drop and scratch the paint. Takes some practice. When taking the top down, I do the front bow first then the rear bow. I let the top fold back when moving the bows. Reverse putting it up.

Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew K. Deckman on Monday, November 21, 2011 - 09:40 pm:

One person on a 2 man top is like a monkey and a football. nuff said.

It is easy to get help. people want any excuse to touch history.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration