OT-the follow up movie to Gods and Generals - the last stand- has it been made ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT-the follow up movie to Gods and Generals - the last stand- has it been made ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 03:00 am:

Really long title, but then again really long movies, both Gods and Generals and Gettysburg, BUT what l cant find is the last in the trio, The Last Stand, has it been made and to the visit side, what times of the year do the re enactments occur, where is the best visit and any other details if you can share.
SORRY ABSOLUTELY NO T STUFF HERE IN THIS POSTING.

cheers David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George - Cherry Hill New Jersey on Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 05:53 am:

David,

There are several Civil War re-enactors here on this forum. Will Vandenburg is one that comes to mind right off.

Those re-enactors may have better idea as to 'time' to come, but I'll share a sceret I learned this year that deinately gets the biggest bang for the buck...and too many people too, but thats beside to point.

This was the 150 anniversary of the major 1861 battles, and there were a few 'mega' re-enactments that brought almost twice the number of re-enactors than they originally planned for. Wild when to think in some cases the amount 'on the field' was still less than the original armies faced off.

I'd also say to read up on Civil War history, pick some dates of some really good battles in 1862, and then use internet or other resources to find if there is a 150th get-together planned.

The mega one this year in Manasses was hot and muggy, too many people, but the re-enactors did a great and marvelous job out there melting in their 'woolies' just like the original guys did.

I'm just guessing, but I would think first week in July 2013 is going to be a biggy in Gettysburg...its not that far from Hershey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 09:00 am:

Googling "civil war reenactments 2012" gets 1,790,000 hits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 11:37 am:

I don't think that "The last Stand" is the correct title. According to the director's website, the current working title is "The Last Full Measure":

http://www.clanmaxwellusa.com/RonMaxwell.htm

According to the Internet Movie Database, it is planned to be released in 2014.

http://www.imdb.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 11:49 am:

Shiloh Tennessee is this April. The 18th La., the unit we portray fought there. We also portray the 114th N.Y. Who fought down here in Louisiana .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 02:20 pm:

Rick, l'm corrected, l'm not sure where my name for the title came from !!
It sounds like l should plan for an early July 2013 visit to Gettysburg.

Thanks for the pointers, anymore would be greatly appreciated.

cheers David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Conwill on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 09:44 am:

I don't think "Gods and Generals" did nearly as well at the box office as "Gettysburg". Also, sadly, the 150th anniversary of the war isn't getting very much attention in the mass media. All that points me to believe we will be lucky to see the third novel turned into a film. Which is a pity, "Gettysburg" is one of my favorite movies.

-Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Melisa Alam on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 12:00 pm:

in 2014? What's taking so long and why so long break between the movies?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 12:09 pm:

I would bet that it has something to do with financing the project. Movie making takes a mountain of dough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 01:30 pm:

We've got a plan of being in Gettysburg by about late June 2013, and staying say till about the 6 th July, watch as much as we can then run to beat the crowds out !!!!!!...or even be a part of it ??
Anyone from this part of the world give me some suggestions, l've looked on the net at the Gettysburg 150 site, but l kind a want a bit more, if that makes sense.

cheers from Aus.
David.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration