1911 Ford Torpedo Saxon Horn on eBay (missed it)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 1911 Ford Torpedo Saxon Horn on eBay (missed it)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 12:05 pm:

here's some pics of what I believe is an uber rare 1911 Torpedo horn that was mis-identified bya seller on eBay.

Perhaps I am wrong.

Business precluded my making my scheduled last-minute bid, and so it went to someone else for $170. Hope they enjoy!

+++ jpeg +++ 249957 +++

++++++ jpeg +++ 249958 +++

+++

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 12:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 12:59 pm:

At your convenience, you could have put in a proxy bid for the max it was worth to you, and if you had won, it would be at just a couple of dollars over the next bidder. If it had gone over your limit, no regrets.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes-Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 04:14 pm:

It probably was a seller in the US and bob would have haggled on the shipping, and then he still would not have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 05:01 pm:

I lucked up on a triple twist Rubes on ebay it too was mis-listed it was expensive ! I had to pay $60.00 for it I hated to do it but after thinking about it for 1/2 of a second I bought it anyway maybe I didn't get beat to bad? You can see it in my profile picture. <<grin>> Over all I'm happy with it not right for the car, but nothing else is either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 05:43 pm:

Yeah, I just thought I would be avail for the end of auction but wasn't. Anyway, interesting to see it...and to share the pics. Hope the buyer knew what he was getting and it doesn't end up on a soapbox derby special.....

Anyway, wrong year for my car, so no point in buying to hoard....

I am satisfied having just seen close up pics, which I've not found elsewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 10:15 pm:

Dave H., hehehehehe. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 10:48 pm:

get over being petty Dave's .... enjoy the pics and move forward....! You are welcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JERRY COOK on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 03:51 am:

Okay, this will sound bad. I recently purchased an antique barber chair, and the guy insisted that I take all of his boxes of "man cave" stuff with the chair. Two complete horns, like the one you have a picture of were in the boxes. But in much better shape. They both have the screens, and one even had the bulb. I just gave them to my dad for his Stuz Bear Cat replica.

If you let me know what they are worth, I will see if my dad wants to sell them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JERRY COOK on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 04:13 am:

Okay, this will sound bad. I recently purchased an antique barber chair, and the guy insisted that I take all of his boxes of "man cave" stuff with the chair. Two complete horns, like the one you have a picture of were in the boxes. But in much better shape. They both have the screens, and one even had the bulb. I just gave them to my dad for his Stuz Bear Cat replica.

If you let me know what they are worth, I will see if my dad wants to sell them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 09:13 am:

post pics, Jerry....someone will have an opinion....

"Man Cave Stuff", now there is a better name for a TV show than "Pickers".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 10:38 am:

Bob, I was the high bidder on that horn and it won't be going on a "soapbox derby special", it will be going on a 1911 Open Runabout. Of course I haven't received it yet, so I don't know its' true condition, but I hope it's not in too bad of shape with a bunch of cracks. By the way, my proxy bid was considerably higher than what it sold for. Time will tell if I got a good deal on a useable horn or fragile piece of hard, cracked-up brass that is just fit to look at on the shelf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 02:16 pm:

Congrats Roger! Glad to know I lost out to what will be a good home for it! I had planned on going up to $325...oh well.

So does that mean your nice double twist Rubes will be avail?
Great looking car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 03:29 pm:

Well Bob, my top bid had you by a few dollars . . . . you know, the kind of amount that will really tick a guy off that he missed out on something. If the horn I won turns out to be OK, the one on the car won't be needed anymore. This is the last brass car I'll ever own so that standard Model T horn, can go down the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JERRY COOK on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 06:53 pm:

Talked to my dad, and he already mounted them on the Stutz replica. Sorry guys. THe box of "man cave" stuff came with some headlights as well. Only the front rim is brass. One has the mirror inside, one is missing it. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested. They do light. The guy who gave them to me had them hooked up to a propane tank near his fire place.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration