1911 Torpedo - Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 1911 Torpedo - Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 09:27 pm:

Well it is an interesting photo. It is a little dark toward the rear of the car to see what is goin on, but I think they are hauling something on the rear of the car. Could someone do something with that?
The car might have been around for a while when he picture was taken. The brass side lights look tarnished to me.
Did they make a widetrack in this model? The fenders look wider too.

Thanks

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 12:55 am:

It has had a lot done to it since 1911 Torpedoes had 2 piece dash with spacer board below the windshield. This thing has what appears to be either a 1912 dash or a home made dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 02:36 am:

Best I could do with the photo . . .

Ma Barker staring at me made me nervous <@^@>
(Whats taking those boys so long? - I told them to just dig it shallow!)

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 07:11 am:

Thanks Art for the clearer shot of the car.
John in the second photo I think I can see the center dash clip above the hood that helps hold the dash spacer below the windshield. So maybe the dash has not been modified?
Also it now looks like there is a top boot in place, and a pennant on the side of the windshield.
What do we know about widetracks on these?

Thanks

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 09:16 am:

I take it back. It looks like there IS a spacer board but the car is an open runabout rather than a torpedo since there are no doors. I think the brass edge molding on the lower main dash is perhaps not there since I don't see the normally visible outline of the lower dash. Not sure about the wide track. The right front wheel looks like the top of the tire is very hear the outer edge of the fender but it also appears that the car may be sitting with the right front wheel perhaps dropped down off the edge of the road with the left front wheel up on the road surface. I have never researched the wide track option and which cars it was used on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Harper . . Keene, NH on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 09:30 am:

I think that it IS a torpedo. It appears to me that the door is open and is casting a shadow onto the splash apron. Well, that is what my poor eyes see......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 02:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 04:15 pm:

Cheeze I need to get new glasses. I am wrong again and you are correct - it is a Torpedo door that you see and that I didn't see. It's hell getting old.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration