OT would this be our Bruce McCalley?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT would this be our Bruce McCalley?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 11:44 pm:

I am not sure our Bruce is old enough, but:

http://antiqueradios.org/gazette/acs.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 12:30 am:

I have 1 of those Jackson Rf Signal generators here on the shelf that works.
I also have the big radio teletype machine with a small ticket puncher thingy to.I would love to find a museum or something to donate this teletype to it is big and heavy and I have no use for it.
I do think it is the same Bruce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 12:41 am:

Well - even though Bruce looks like a kid, he is on the "wrong" side of 80 and I actually believe he is engineer within this area, so it could very well be Bruce that have done that article.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 12:43 am:

I have just converted one of the Heathkit DVM from using tubes to FETs, works great and still looks like it did in the 1950's.
I think it is our Bruce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 01:07 am:

O looked a little around on that interesting website and here is another article authored by a Bruce W McAlley: http://antiqueradios.org/gazette/Andrews.htm

And on the cover of the "black book" it's read that the author is Bruce W McAlley, so it MUST BE our Bruce.
In a third article some of the equipment iin ACS are further described, thye author of the ACS article is mentionad as the Gazettes editor. So Bruce have been editor of this clubs magazine, The Gazette.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 01:32 am:

It CAN'T be bruce. No misspelled words! Just kidding Bruce, we all know it was the Post Office at fault! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce McCalley on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 09:06 am:

I confess....It was me. I was editor of the radio club's magazine a while back and posted a number of articles I did on their web site. Strangely, nothing has beed added since. There's some interesting material there munder Gazette.
Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 09:19 am:

The way I found it was, I was looking for any mention of my Uncle who helped install the phone system in Anchorage (actually with my memory it might have been Fairbanks). I thought it was well after 1947, but I heard the story so many times growing up I think it is burned in my brain. While looking, I found this. He would be 92 now if he was still around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 12:08 pm:

Bruce
I spent some time in Anchorage in the 50's and worked for GE and the Dow Line system and
visited Point Campbell point a few times. The U S Army Signel Corp.( Stanley Morgan and John Trindel ) took a Model A Snow Bird to Nome by ship in 1930-31 and drove it to Barrow Ak. and across to the Canadian border a few times. This appeared in the Arps Corp. Ad in 1937. The Snow Bird is still there now owned by the North Slope Burrow. This was a long time before the Prudo Bay Oil fields. Radio is still a main stay in Alaska.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 12:12 pm:

Letter
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 11:22 am:

I've known Bruce since I was 18, and he does indeed collect old radios.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration