26-27 rear crossmember

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 26-27 rear crossmember
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 07:50 am:

How long or wide is a 26-27 rear crossmember.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 08:34 am:

Tom,

1926-27 frame rear cross member is approximately 42 1/2 inches from side to side – see: http://www.wescottsauto.com/Tech/FrameDiagram1926-27.pdf

From http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/182334.html?1295043894 the below photos were supplied by some faithful forum member – I apologize I do not recall their name (if someone knows who was kind enough to post them originally – please drop me a note and I will add it to the file name for next time). The photo below shows the difference between the late 1913 to 1925 rear cross member and the “mid or so” 1926 to 27 rear cross member:

From that same thread thank you Jim Thode for posting the photo form his early 1926 rear cross member shown below. Note it does not have the flange that the later 1926-27 rear cross members have.

Good luck with your project.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom J. Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 08:35 am:

Around 41" perhaps plus a fraction. I just took a quick measurement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom J. Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 08:36 am:

I like Hap's posting better

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 08:40 am:

If that part is needed I have several for sale danuser88@socket.net

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration