Are my T-1917s this valuable?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Are my T-1917s this valuable?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard near Pittsburgh PA on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 11:59 am:

Is it time to sell my extra old Ford wrenches?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-1917-open-end-wrench-/290629621389?_trksid= p4012.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI.WATCH%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D8%26ps %3D63%26clkid%3D4610342872206775469
Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 12:13 pm:

Mein Gott! I'm sitting on a goldmine. I can sell my pile of band wrenches and buy another car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 12:14 pm:

Well Howard, I think I'd wait until the actual selling price is known before I'd go out and spend my new found fortune. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 12:23 pm:

Howard - if you want a bigger nest-egg I have some investment grade spark plug wrenches that would go with that band wrench...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Stephan on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 12:43 pm:

The 11/16 band nut end was crushed in a vise to boot... ws

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 12:52 pm:

He forgot the decimal point between the two and the five i.e. $2.50

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 01:10 pm:

Bill, I think the word is overcrushed. You'd have to bend it out to get it on a band nut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 01:52 pm:

Marketing. It's all about marketing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 02:03 pm:

Thats about a 10 buck wrench. And that includes shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 03:46 pm:

The username reveals the whole thing. The poor guy placed the listing from wherever he's locked away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 04:38 pm:

I wonder if he'll get anyone to bid. Wasn't it P.T. Barnum that said "There's a fool born every minute?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 05:10 pm:

Is this the guy that had a high head listed for several hundred bucks a while back?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Stephan on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 05:25 pm:

Bill, I think the word is overcrushed. You'd have to bend it out to get it on a band nut.

It seems that all the wrenches I have or have seen, are stretched open (?). Is that to make it easier to get on the nuts with oily hands? Me, I squeezed mine to a good fit on the nuts... ws

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 05:44 pm:

Whoa! I was almost there until I read "For Collectible Purposes Only". By God, if I'm paying $250 for a wrench, I better, by golly, be able to use it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 08:25 pm:

Jim, there's some question about whether he actually said it, but the Barnum line is There's a sucker born every minute. But since Barnum's passing in 1891 the world's population has increased from a billion and a half to seven billion. The means the suckers are now arriving at a rate of approximately 4.6 per minute, or one new sucker about every thirteen seconds. This accounts for the phenomenal growth of the internet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 08:31 pm:

WoW !!! In that case, I have a hacksaw stamped FORD I'll take $1,000 for it reckon I need to list it on ebay...? LMAO...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 12:43 am:

I have a stamping letter set. Could I stamp "Ford" on my hacksaw?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration