Make a truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Make a truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 03:27 pm:

Today I looked at a 15 T converted to a truck. This conversion used a open driveshaft. It has hard rubber rear tires with wood spoke wheels, It has a cast rear axel with spindles for the wheels, The differential is behind the axel with open axels to a gear inside the hub, It has external brake bands. This appears to be a factory conversion with factory parts to connect the T transmission to the driveshaft. This uses a frame extension similiar to a Smith conversion. Any idea what company may have built this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 03:31 pm:

Photo's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 05:37 pm:

I have the small drum rear housings w/ hubs that say CHICAGO FORM A TRUCK they are for sale 250.00 plus UPS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 06:43 pm:

I don't recall saying that I was looking for parts. If possible I will try to get photos but no promise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay, BC on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 09:46 pm:

Well Jim, I for one would be interested just to see the pictures. I really like these make your own truck kits. Certainly something you'd never see in this day and age. I believe a year or so ago, a member posted some entertaining ads for the kits.

Here, at our local Heritage Acres, we have a make-a-tractor that's gear drive. I don't have any pictures to share of it, so you'll have to take my word for it.

Here's the ad I thought was so funny. You'd think he'd have thought of this before, what with living across the street from the billboard and all!

pic1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 01:51 am:

That is funny Chris. It's a good thing it wasn't a Canadian Club billboard or, well you get the idea. That gives the term "Direct Marketing" a whole new meaning. :-)

Jim, Here's a couple more truck conversions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 02:01 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 07:18 am:

John,

I never realized there were kits to expand the TT's. The Unitrux is really interesting. I wonder if there are any still around?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 07:55 am:

Henry, Here's some more information on the Unitrux if you are interested.

http://books.google.com/books?id=5SAjAQAAMAAJ&lpg=RA4-PA75&ots=WU-ZXja533&dq=The %20Unitrux&pg=RA4-PA75#v=onepage&q=The%20Unitrux&f=false

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Gooding, Crystal, MI on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 02:50 pm:

The Unitrux ad looks like what was done to my TT. Don't have any pictures right now, but will try to get some for you.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration