A C speedometer in 26-27 dash

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: A C speedometer in 26-27 dash
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A. Woods on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 01:16 am:

Recently, I saw a 26-27 closed car dash on Ebay which had a large hole cut in it below the instrument light and to the right of the switch panel. I recognised that this hole had been cut for a speedometer, but couldn't tell which one. I bought it and the hole is so well done, it looks factory. My A C speedometer fits it perfectly. The hole is too big for a Stewart 160, so it had to have been cut for an AC. I'm glad I found one already modified as I didn't want to cut up a good dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 09:14 am:

Terry, can you post a picture? I have a similar dash. Will take a pic for you soon.

By the way, mine had a Johns Manfield in it when found.

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas J Miller on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 12:02 pm:

Terry,

I also had an AC in my dash (26 touring) when i bought the car. It was not repairable and now have no speedometer in the hole. Do you have any source for another AC. I would like to put the same back into the hole but most everyone says that that would be difficult to find one. Can you help? Thanks,

Nick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 12:38 pm:

Nicholas Miller;

I almost never find an AC speedometer that is repairable. There is so much pot metal in them. If you ever get out to Colorado I have one that I would give you.

A459

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration