$10.00 For the New Museum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: $10.00 For the New Museum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 02:49 am:

Count me in for a $10.00 donation to do what has to be done to fix up our new museum, as suggested by Bob Jab in a previous post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 07:43 am:

I think some information would be helpful so the funds get to the right place for the right cause.

Where and to who do we send donations for the museum project?

If we send checks who is it made out to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 07:52 am:

Hal:

Thanks for starting this thread.

Hopefully the membership & other participants will keep this thread going.

I hope Barbara & Jay will post the address & proper way to make out the payee.

The only address I have now is the main address of the club, which is at the Klehfoth's in Centerville........

Model T Ford Club of America
P.O. Box 126
Centerville, Indiana 47330-0126

765-855-5248 phone

765-855-3428 fax

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 08:39 am:

Send donations to:

Model T Ford Club of America
PO Box 126
Centerville, IN 47330

Mark "Museum Building Fund" on check.

You can also donate online at www.mtfca.com/
Click on "New or Renew" and scroll down to "Donate" and use PayPal or a credit card.
Chris Brancaccio is working on putting a DONATE button on the main page of the MTFCA website, but until then, use the "New or Renew" button.

Thank you all so much for your donations. The MTFCA and the Model T Museum are owned by its members. This is a very exciting time for the hobby!

Barbara

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 08:41 am:

Oops. The front page of the MTFCA website states:
"Join or Renew" I misspoke. Sorry!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 09:18 am:

Count me in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 10:17 am:

I would encourage all the forum users,even the non members to consider a donation. This forum exists because of the MTFCA and is a great benifit and tool in our hobby. Please dig in your pockets and find a donation for a worthwhile cause.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 10:46 am:

Man, that PayPal is so quick . . Thanks Chris.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 10:48 am:

The donate button is now on the renew page and it works fine. I hope everyone can kick in a few bucks so the new museum is nice and shiny when I have an opportunity to get down there and see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 11:54 am:

That was quick and easy. I'm in for 20 and it took only a few key strokes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 12:35 pm:

Thank you so much for the donations. You all are great!

So far I have received 4 donations. Keep them coming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr. Portales, New Mexico on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 12:54 pm:

Count me in.

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 01:48 pm:

My dues and donation are in today's mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 01:59 pm:

Here's a direct link to the DONATE page >>> https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=_9h7EPzlwN5Aj-lV9nGz2 uT6ng9qaPfuqkISzpCMfEzoKKK8-hwO2rDE1ku&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d b2b24f7b84f1819343fd6c338b1d9d60

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 02:10 pm:

When you fill in the amount of your donation you MUST HIT THE UPDATE BUTTON or you'll go half nuts like I just did!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 02:28 pm:

Craig:

Your link failed on my computer. Sorry.

Going to the Home Page of www.mtfca.com and submitting thru our website seems to be the easiest.

Thanks to all...... and I have contributed too !!

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 02:30 pm:

Craig:

Your link failed on my computer. Sorry.

Going to the Home Page of www.mtfca.com and submitting thru our website seems to be the easiest.

Thanks to all...... and I have contributed too !!

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 03:12 pm:

Nuts.....I was logged into PayPal at the time.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=IOH8Pfwtm5BKAmlRn4-mX CrM-N_atWCsA6tfkg35RQ49Hj0zPhhJCAdqXJS&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d b2b24f7b84f1819343fd6c338b1d9d60

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 06:36 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 08:36 pm:

Craig:

Sorry , your link has problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 08:51 pm:

^ GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ONE
MORE TIME:

http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/joinamember.htm

THERE....NOW scroll to and click on DONATE, enter the amount, click UPDATE and finish.

Why the hell can't ANYTHING be easy.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 10:00 pm:

Thanks Craig !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 12:08 am:

To renew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 12:14 am:

Hey, it works!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Melisa Alam on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 09:31 am:

Yep, working now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 11:22 am:

Donations received from 14 members so far. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Stone WV on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 12:21 pm:

I just donated & it was easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George - Cherry Hill New Jersey on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 12:29 pm:

Is easy...click, click, click.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 12:55 pm:

I'm in, finally. I use paypal. I tried 3 times yesterday and twice this morning. I kept getting an email address problem notice. It finally went through. I still don't know what was wrong. If it doesn't work the first time, don't give up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr. Portales, New Mexico on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 08:34 pm:

Bumping it to encourage folks to consider.

I'm sure many have donated without feeling the need to post here.

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 08:44 pm:

But I will. The check is in the mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 08:57 pm:

Done -- and very easy. I really enjoyed visiting the museum last summer. I'm looking forward to visiting it again in the future.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 06:43 pm:

Bump.....

This one is worth continuing......

For the benefit we all share in the new Museum location.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 06:45 pm:

Couldn't get the website to cooperate. Oh well... The check is in the mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 01:23 am:

Bob, I agree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 10:23 am:

Barbara & Jay:

As the saying goes-- The check is in the mail.
Best of luck with the project. Any other help needed just put out the word.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:20 am:

Just did mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:41 am:

Been there, done that and got a thank you letter from Barbara!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 01:53 pm:

Thank you all so much for your donations! Is it okay if I email you the thank-you (rather than typing up a letter to put in snail mail)? Of course, everyone who contributes will be listed in our donor list, acknowledged in the Vintage Ford magazine and a listing will be posted at the Model T Museum. I expect the listing will be included in the January-February 2012 issue of the Vintage Ford.

If you would rather have a printed letter in response to your donation, please email me and I will get one to you right away.

Thank you again for your support.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 01:56 pm:

Why not save the money it would cost to generate the letter, envelope, and stamp and use it for the museum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 02:11 pm:

I agree with Dennis. Save the cost of a letter. We contribute here on line and an online "thanks" is all that is needed (unless someone needs a receipt for their taxes). They can request it here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop-San Diego, CA on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 03:24 pm:

I agree with Dennis and Hal, plus I'm sure Barbara has better things to do than individually mail thank you's.
So far we "Bob's" are well represented! <grin>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 03:28 pm:

The REAL thanks is in seeing all the work going into and preserving the museum.
I, for one, don't need any thanks.......if anyone should be thanked it's the folks who work so hard for the museum....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary, Alberta on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 05:09 pm:

Website has been updated, there is now a button on the main MTFCA page to donate specifically to the Museum Building Fund.

Chris Brancaccio
Webmaster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 06:21 pm:

Thanks, Chris.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 06:33 pm:

I only Pay with checks or cash and I'm not going to send cash by snail mail,

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 09:23 pm:

I just got back from my monthly AACA regional meeting. During the new business, I asked to have a discussion about donating to the new museum. Apparently it's written in our by-laws that we won't donate to other clubs or other organizations. Some of the (seriously old and overly-worrysome) members also said that they "didn't want to set a precedent". So I thanked them for the info and discussion and told them that next month I'd collect personal donations from everyone in attendance!

Anyway, thoroughly discouraged, I'm now back home and sent in my contribution via Paypal. Sorry I couldn't get anything from the club!

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 08:46 pm:

Bump.....

This one is worth continuing......

For the benefit we all share in the new Museum location.

Barbara, thanks for the e-mail !!

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Micheal Crowe on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 10:33 am:

Yes Bob, this is one that should continue for awhile. It is a very worthy project and deserves our full attention.

Thanks Barbara for the email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 10:43 am:

Craig, what an odd bylaw! The St Louis chapter of the MTFCA made a substantial donation to the museum at the Centennial in 2008.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 01:48 pm:

Dick:

Craig was referring to the AACA chapter in his area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 03:21 pm:

Bob, I realized that. Our Model T club donates to other causes than MTFCA. We have given to Wheels in Motion (a car organization that supports kids with cancer), we have bought several windows at the Piquette Plant (Model T, but not MTFCA), we have donated to the McPherson College car restoration program, and probably others that I can't think of or don't even know about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 05:38 pm:

I finally got my donation sent in today. I just wanted to bump this to the top again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 04:33 pm:

Barbara:

What is your average total of individual donations for a month ?? Not asking for $ amount, just the average # of donations.

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:36 am:

Bob,

So much depends on the size of donations. Here are some figures:

June 2011 the MTFCA received 5 donations totalling $585 - average $117 per donation.

August 2011 the MTFCA received 5 donations totalling $1,275 (included one $1,000 donation)

November 2011 the MTFCA has received 81 donations totalling $6,376 (included 2 @ $500, 1 @ $600, 1 @ $1,000. (Average $78.72 per donation.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 07:53 am:

BUMP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 10:48 am:

Barbara:

In regards to the Club items for sale, are they still available for Holiday presents ??????

We have some chapter members looking for DVD's.

We had our chapter Holiday party last night, due to laptop malfunction was unable to present my video presentation of our Museum trip last month & our Richmond, Indiana pictures....... save for the nest meeting !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 06:49 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 09:39 pm:

Barbara,I sincerly hope donations pick up in the coming months so a very worthwhile project can continue for generations to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 07:38 pm:

BumP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 10:12 pm:

Barbara:

In regards to the Club items for sale, are they still available for Holiday presents ??????

We have some chapter members looking for DVD's.

We had our chapter Holiday party last night, due to laptop malfunction was unable to present my video presentation of our Museum trip last month & our Richmond, Indiana pictures....... save for the nest meeting !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 09:46 am:

Yes. Club items are still for sale. We are filling Christmas orders and can get anything you need to you. Although the Museum is closed, we are still selling!

Chapters receive 20% off on sales.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 05:16 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 07:40 pm:

The good news I got is donations are up,but we need more to speed up the new facility renovation. Keep them coming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 11:37 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 01:29 pm:

BURP !,...... I mean "bump"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 01:42 pm:

Keep it up guyes this will be a great help The Money is needed. This hobbie is great.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 12:31 pm:

Great last minute Holiday present for that Model T "guy" who has everything ...... ......... Make a contribution to the Museum Building Fund in his/her name. ..... for what you would spend on a quality necktie or a funky sweater would benefit our new digs in Richmond, Indiana.......... and it could all be done on-line on our main web page. wwww,mtfca.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 12:31 pm:

Barbara or Jay:

Are any of those Centennial Comforters still on the shelf ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 06:08 pm:

We still have afghans available. They were made in the USA and are all cotton and machine washable. Every Model T needs one (and of course one for the home, as well)!

If you buy 2 or more, I will give you a special deal. Just email me (barbara@mtfca.com) or phone 765-855-5248.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 06:13 pm:

Bump, Done and got a Thank You E mail already.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 09:24 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 11:39 am:

Hic-up !!! & bump again Too much egg nog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:06 pm:

Let's not forget about this. If you haven't sent some dough, now is as good a time as any.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:35 pm:

Even the Non-believers can and are encouraged to contribute.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Graziano on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 06:45 am:

Donated. Good Cause

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 08:17 am:

Does the new building have a fireplace & chimney ?

I also donated. Buy a brick for the fireplace ? Sounds like a good fundraiser idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 08:59 am:

If it doesn't have a fire place you could sell bricks for the sidewalk etc. I have seen them where people can buy paver bricks for sidewalks as memorials for friends and relitives with their name etched in. Not cheap but a great fund raiser.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 11:47 am:

Just a bump, keep the donations coming. Thank you note recieved thanks Barb.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 12:57 pm:

Done & Done--took three tries on Dial-up!!
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:57 am:

Ho ! Ho! Ho! .............. wonder what Santa brought to the New Museum ??????

Hopefully more building fund donations & contributions of T related items...... ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 06:04 pm:

New Year's Resolution ??? Make sure to support your museum's new home in Richmond, Indiana with a donation of money, T related parts, literature, ...... did I leave anything out ???

Happy New Year 2012 to all. Good health & good "T" roads.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration