J. Edgar.....the movie

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: J. Edgar.....the movie
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Calk on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 11:00 am:

Wow, there were sure lots of Model T's and A's in the movie. Who all had their car in the movie?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 11:40 am:

We had the family 1924 Studebaker in the film. It appears DeCaprio he is riding his bicycle at night.

I was in one scene where the policemen were dressed in period uniforms and came running out of the police station and got into a row of Model T's. Then we drove away in a hurry. I am driving the last one on the right. All of us in our car were wearing suits because we were detectives. I believe that, that scene wound up on the cutting room floor.

J Edgar

studebaker

shooting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew K. Deckman on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 12:33 pm:

I liked that art that was in the early twentys, there was a 14 or earlier car that looked showroom new. Must be nice not to age.

The only show that had cars that where 'well used' was on the "wind on my back" canadian show.

That I am aware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence J. Bohlen on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 12:40 pm:

Andrew,

The '27 Roadster PU that James Dean drove in Giant was a bit beat up and proper condition for the setting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 12:46 pm:

We had the 1924Studebaker in the "Changeling" film and they asked us not to wash the car before we brought it to the fimming. I snuck our Grandson Bryan onto the set and he got in the shot where they are in Canada near the end of the film. Bryan is our son Bill's son. Bill and Bryan have a 1913 Model T Speedster as shown below.

Studebaker

Speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 08:29 pm:

As a follow up, there was a special screening of the movie "The Artist" at a local theater in Newport Beach and I was invited to display our family's '24 Studebaker out front during the event. Here's a link to a short video of the venue:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WLHPANTERA?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/8HoZmoLCvmg

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration