OT- Oregon Zoolights - Merry Christmas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT- Oregon Zoolights - Merry Christmas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 11:26 am:

I took my daughter's family and grandkids to Zoolights at the Oregon Zoo last night. Thanks to engineer, Ken Lauderback, my five-year-old grandson, Tyrus, and I rode in the cab with Ken, while my 13-year old son, Spencer, rode in the tender.

Thanks Ken. Having a grandson around is always a good excuse to go for a train ride!

Let me be the first to wish everybody on the forum a Merry Christmas!

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Or on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 12:00 pm:

Keith, that sounds like great fun! Great bit of information about Ken being the engineer on the Zoo train.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Lauderback on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 01:27 pm:

Glad to have seen you and your family, Keith. And as mentioned before, all of my Model T friends are welcome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 02:44 pm:

The "Polar Express" is found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 03:50 pm:

I'm next. Just gotta get a night off work soon. Looks like a lot of fun from up front. Have ridden that train many times over the years and always loved it as much or more than the kids did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Lauderback on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 01:08 pm:

I know this is "off topic" but since the subject of our railroad is at hand, I can't resist sharing this little parody I wrote a few years back. Maybe some of you will enjoy it.
Ken
The Washington Park and Zoo Railway “Night Before Christmas”

(with apologies to Clement C. Moore)

by Ken Lauderback

‘Twas the night before Christmas
In the old railroad shop;
The machines were all silent
Work had come to a stop.

We were finishing up
And preparing to leave,
To meet family and friends
For a great Christmas Eve,

When, from in front of
The shop came the sound
Of an overloaded sleigh
Impacting the ground.

We all ran out the door,
And old St. Nick laid there,
And he looked up at us
With a withering glare.

“Santa!” We cried
“What a mess! Are you hurt?”
Then Santa stood up
And he brushed off the dirt

And he said with a growl,
Now I’ve just had enough
Of you guys who like working
On this old railroad stuff!

Your Christmas list caused
quite a stress to my elves;
Do you think we keep all these old parts
on our shelves??

A Westinghouse air pump?
A new engine cab?
Where do I get this stuff?
Buy it pre-fab?

A shiny old bell?
A steam engine whistle?
This stuff ain’t as light
as the down off a thistle!

These reindeer can only pull
So much, you know!
They couldn’t quite handle
That whole 4-4-0!

When the load gets this heavy,
They all make a fuss!
Prancer is whining!
Rudolph’s wearing a truss!

And speaking of reindeer,
It ain’t easy to drive
with a lap full of parts
For the ol’ “Number 5”!

And what about me?
What am I s’posed to do?
Does the word HERN-I-A
Mean something to you?

There once was a time,
I recall it quite well,
When you asked for some train stuff
You meant Lionel!

But now when you ask for some
Things for your train,
Well, I can’t really say
Where it gives me a pain!

In the future, when you send
Your Christmas desires
DON’T ASK for a new set
Of steam engine tires!

Now just don’t ask again!
There’s no sense even talking!
All the steam stuff I have
Is some coal for your stocking!

So from now on if you want
Your Christmas made Merry,
Ask for a TOY Choo-Choo
THAT I can carry!

As for train stuff, if you’re
Wanting something specific;
Don’t even call me—
Call Union Pacific!”

As we stood there in shock,
Santa strode to his sleigh,
And he called to the reindeer
And flew up and away.

But we heard him exclaim,
Ere he drove out of sight:
“The next stop is Steamtown?!
Oy, what a night!”

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock Newfields NH on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 02:23 pm:

What???
Is it Christmas again?
I haven't finished paying for last year! :-(

I need to stop using Christmas as a reason to purchase more things and focus on what it really means.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 01:10 pm:

Thanks Ken, You sure helped make our Christmas great.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/sets/72157628499935883/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:26 pm:

Fred , I LOVE Your Post , it`s GREAT !! Have a VERRRY MERRRY CHRISTMAS , O.K. ?? , Oh , and a Happy NEW YEAR , too !!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration