What Year Is This Block?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: What Year Is This Block?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 02:56 pm:

I just picked up a T block # 11826383. What year is this block? Thanks PK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 03:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 03:53 pm:

Pat Kelly:

I believe that wopuld be May 23rd 1925.

1925 Four Door
A875

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 05:39 pm:

Dave and Dennis are most likely correct. But several of the blocks I have were replacement blocks. In those cases the casting date is often later than the actual serial number. So the year of the block is not the same as the year of the engine serial number. In our case they appear to have let the original block freeze.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 06:31 pm:

Thanks for the info. It's amazing you can nail it down to the day. I have a '25 TT, is there a difference in T and TT motors? This block sat outside for years. It has a cam, crank, valves and lifters. I'm thinking of making it a usable unit. Any suggestions? Thanks, PK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 08:11 pm:

No difference between car and truck i believe.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration