Quincy Christmas Parade

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Quincy Christmas Parade
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert C.(Bob) Borden on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 06:19 pm:

"Lizzie" all dressed up for the Christmas Parade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 06:24 pm:

When I first saw the thread title, I didn't know whether it was about Quinssy (Illinois) or Quinzy (Massachusetts). Looked at Bob's profile, saw Massachusetts, and figure it was the latter. The car looks great, Bob!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 07:14 pm:

I bet it has been covered before, but, how did you power the lights?

Looks great Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 07:27 pm:

Cleveland Tn had there (fire truck & ambulance) show tonight as well AKA: Christmas parade , I should have taken my T but I have to much going on... We usually have 10-12 fire trucks, 5-6 ambulances, half a dozen police cars, maybe 3-4 true antique cars, 15-20 street rods, and then the horses... Welcome to small town USA. I guess. If not for the emergency vehicles it would be pretty slim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Crabtree on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 08:31 pm:

Put my 26 Tudor in the Christmas Parade in Custer, SD this evening. The parade had more people in it than were watching! But it's a hoot and the old T just looked grand. Love the way you decorated yours. BTW I used battery operated lights. Did you run yours off the battery?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 08:31 pm:

There's also a Quincy, WA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 09:53 pm:

Got one here in California too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 10:05 pm:

I used a battery jump starter with an inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter for lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 11:24 pm:

Took the '23 Touring on the Santa parade in Napavine, Wa this evening. I lit the cowl lamps and Santa ( a Guy older than me) said he had no idea there were kerosene lamps on a Model T! All and all had a good time and a lot of interest in the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 11:33 pm:

Yeah, but I'll bet that the one in Massachusetts is the only one that is pronounced "Quinzy." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 10:12 am:

Quaint, Qute, Quincy, California, report:

I had the uniQue experience the past two days of visiting and staying with Michael Herndon and his Quite wonderful wife and daughter. Emily, his daughter, is also a dentist in Quincy.

Michael left a marker at the entrance to their spread:

Even this guy is friendly.

This mannequin is so real looking, huh? I was so impressed by the Sparkle celebration Friday night in Quincy, I failed to take more pix. The most important would have been Michael in his turn of the century western duds. Of course, he knows nearly everyone in this town of 5,000, so getting through the crowds was slow.
------------

View out the Herndon kitchen window at dawn.

I grew up in Oregon, but this is the first time I have ever cut our own tree, which I'm hauling home today.

rdr
Topaz Lodge, watching the sunrise over Topaz Lake. Life is good; it's even better when you have Model T friends like the Herndons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 03:11 pm:

Looks like you are having a great trip! Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert C.(Bob) Borden on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 09:51 pm:

Those of us from MA down by the RhoDiLan border pronounce it QuinCy.

The lights are standard 120 volt powered by an inverter in the cigarette lighter plug. My T runs 12 Volt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert C.(Bob) Borden on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 09:53 pm:

The same point that I power the GPS Speedometer and the electric heater from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert C.(Bob) Borden on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 10:04 pm:

Bernie brought his '41 Crossley because his "26 T Coupe was not working properly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 09:26 am:

We put Lenis in the local Christmas parade yesterday. We filled the back with boxes wrapped as presents, put a bow on the radiator, some garland on the spare tire, and a stuffed toy horse peeking through the luggage rack on the running board. We got first in the "decorated vehicle" division! We were not only the only T, we were the only pre-war car in the parade. I killed the engine on the little climb up to the square in all the stopping and starting. The entire crowd let out a groan and almost in unison said "he's gotta get it started again," followed by a lot of cheering when it started right up. I didn't have time to stop and explain that starters were an option after 1919...

Lots of fun!

On the way to the parade
Headed up the hill from the house and going into town for the big event.

Holly and Lenis

The rules for the parade said "all beuties must have their own car" so I found one. I thought my wife cleaned up nice too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 10:14 am:

Oh...forgot to mention...I think the Bergs Flat Tube Radiator is the perfect parade radiator. Motometer climbed up to the upper half of its "normal" range and no higher. I did turn the carb to rich about a quarter turn but not sure that was needed at all. I had warned my wife about the issue of over heating and being the engineer she is, she monitored the motometer like she was manning a station on an shuttle mission. We were pleased to have had no issues.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration