Modern Drive Shaft Pinon Bearing Assemblies

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Modern Drive Shaft Pinon Bearing Assemblies
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Van Cott on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 09:05 pm:

I would like your opinon regarding the modern drive shaft pinon bearing assemblies with tapered roller bearings and offered by Lang's. Are these better than the original type Ford assembly from the factory? Lang's states that it eliminates all drive shaft end play. Just thought that I would ask the experts out there who have more knowledge than me regarding this subject. Thanks, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 09:09 pm:

I have two of John Regan's (fun projects) and I am happy with them. Don't know who makes them for Lang's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 09:16 pm:

John.

I have found these to be a great upgrade.

You have the benefits of a better / stronger bearing taking the load of the pinion being forced out of the differential by inner forces and the second bearing takes the driveshaft load coming from the other direction that is usually taken by the upper bronze bush at the universal joint. Once installed the need for setting the shaft endfloat via machining the bush face is eliminated. John Regan advised me to purchase the standard unit (not shim type) as it wasn't necessary and he was 100% correct. Word of warning, leave the top bronze bush (uni joint end) as is and forget any changes to a torrington needle bearing.Go for it.

Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 09:19 pm:

Check out the one from John Stoltz, one of our members really likes them. They are x-y adjustable.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration