Could this be a 1909 windshield??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Could this be a 1909 windshield??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 12:28 am:

I bought a stack of 5 windshields today at an auction and I'm trying to identify them. I know a picture is worth 1,000 words, but my camera is at the office. One of them is a Rand Mfg brass with identical lower and upper pieces, each measuring 41 1/4 X 12 3/4. The windshield is fastened to the upper part of a 2 piece firewall with a bracket on each end and one in the middle. The brackets attaching the two pieces of firewall together is a flat piece of brass that has a fancier curve shape, not your usual rectangular shape, and does not have a "bump out" for the brass trim around the firewall. The brass trim is flush with the edge of the firewall, which i believe the 1909 had. Any help on what year this might be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 06:46 am:

A few pictures would be nice, might help in the identification too. Besides we love to see goodies. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 07:10 am:

There was no particular 1909 Windshield. Rands made a dozen or more variations. Yours sounds appropriate for a 1909 - 12. For any brand of car, not just a Model T.

Also the top was not standard in 1909 and the available tops varied considerably. The windshield height would be sized to match the top ideally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 08:43 am:

Love that first photo Royce.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration