2011 MTFC of Victoria T's and A's Xmas Party

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 2011 MTFC of Victoria T's and A's Xmas Party
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 05:50 am:

Every year the owners/members of both the T and A clubs, join and battle out for the cup of numbers, this year WE (T owners ) WON...... a great day was had, many many cars, most of which are displayed below, the writer had a small drag with a hot rod pictured ( a figure of a half hour head start was mentioned ) and 20 minutes later had a ( at this point in time- my guess is rod bearing l still have drive ) semi terminal engine malfunction..yet to be diagnosed.

My special thanks to those who stopped and asked if they could assist and th New members Mickie and Jack Turner who trailered my car home.

Enjoy the pics below.

Now although it's a little early in the month, just in case the writer forgets, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ( HAPPY HOLIDAYS )- if this is more appropriate !!

David Dare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 06:11 am:

Thanks Dave for all the pics. I might 'borrow'a few for the the T club website photo gallery!
Too bad I missed it this year. First one for many years but pleased that our club took the trophy for most cars away from the A club!
Merry Christmas also ,to all forum participants and thanks for all your contributions and a very imformative and interesting year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 02:45 pm:

Thank you for sharing! A lot of really beautiful cars there! (Especially the Ts!)
A good time was had by all is a great way to live.
Drive carefully, and enjoy. And happy holidays! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 05:53 pm:

Found my problem, # 1 rod bearing is now FIyebD, crank its self seems ok and now damage done.

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 02:38 am:

Good to hear it doesn't sound too bad. I changed number one rod in a motel parking lot one evening. It was on a two day endurance run. I continued the second day. And it was the only time I ever carried a spare rod. I don't know if it was good I had it or if that I had it was why my car decided to throw the bearing?
Thank you for the update!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 02:50 am:

Nice pictures!
Looks like the #17 speedster has some type of period looking accessory front brakes? Detail pictures welcome + interview with owner, if possible :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 06:40 am:

Don't remember the name of the owner of the speedster but spoke to him in Echuca in 2008 on the tour.

From memory I posted these pictures of his front brake set up some time ago .

Here they are again, the owner made the set up from scratch.

ftbrakes1

ftbrakes2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 08:14 am:

Cool, Thanks. Must have missed them the last time they were posted? Found the post now: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/235251.html?1315959020

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence J. Bohlen on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 10:50 am:

David,

You already know but check that oil line and make sure it's clear. #1 burning out is a sign flow may be poor.

Good luck.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 01:30 pm:

Lawerence, thats my next task, you are correct, looking closely at the remains of the bearing, it has heated significantly and spun, almost delaminated ( for a better word ), closed over the chamfered edges of the cap.....not a nice look.

cheers and thanks for the heads up.

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence J. Bohlen on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:00 pm:

Do you have a second oil line installed?

If not, even the Mag Post oil line makes a good insurance policy if the inside line blocks up.

Great group of cars in the photos by the way.

Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 04:12 pm:

No l dont have a second line but its a bloody good idea, l was looking thru my phone pics at work last night and found something in the crankshaft that will both need a closer look and concern.....pics to follow...hopefully its a cast mark !!!!!

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 04:38 pm:

Peter-
The four wheel brake system was designed and fabricated by our Victorian Club member, Andrew Brown. He started with an original set of small drum outside rear brakes (AC or Bennet??) and fabricated the front equaliser and set up himself. Andrew participates in regular historic race meets in his T. He drives to the events and participates then drives home. Next time I see the car I will take some more detailed pictures of the actuating parts of the sytem.
In the photos that David took you will notice the 1915 'Form a Truck' conversion. Andrews Dad, Kevin, often loads the truck with one of his speedsters and turns up to race meets with the full T combination.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 05:22 pm:

False alarm, crankshaft is ok, just light casting marks, here's my sorry looking conrod bearing.

cheers David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence J. Bohlen on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 08:08 pm:

Caught it just in time before it could score the crank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:14 am:

A lot of beautiful iron there, David. Looks like a fun time was had by all...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration