Does anyone know Otis Wilburn of Dallis Tex?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Does anyone know Otis Wilburn of Dallis Tex?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Or on Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 08:51 pm:

Does anyone know Otis Wilburn of Dallis Tex? He replied to my ad for Schebler parts. Just checking so send me a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 06:39 am:

I too received a reply from Otis Wilburn of Dallas TX about an ad for parts I need for my '22

SOUNDS FISHY if we both received replys the same day. I've had ads in for the same parts he replied to for the past two years and no one ever replied before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 06:48 am:

OOPS! I see that you requesed a privite message...So nobody else read this.

I'll read posts more carefully from now on. I don't want to offend any buyers or sellers of parts if they are ligit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 05:48 pm:

I heard from Otis on an add that I posted. He said "I got offers for it already but just checking to know how much your willing to offer plus shipment. Im located in Dallas,TX . I wont be able to send pics cos i have no way of sending one, but i promise you have nothing to worry about.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Otis."
I guess Otis can use a computer but does not know how to use a camera. Yes I think it is a fraud, and a quick way to lose money!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 05:51 pm:

I got one too. Same story that Jack posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Or on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 10:54 pm:

Jack that is the same word for word as the reply I got. I did send some specific questions, no reply yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 11:21 pm:

got the same, ignored it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Or on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 11:29 pm:

Ignored and blocked! Darn! Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Andersen on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 02:28 pm:

I also got the very same message. Conclusion: Fraud.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration