Worlds Tiniest V-12 Engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Worlds Tiniest V-12 Engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 12:18 am:

I lifted this from the MTFCI forum. This is about as neat as a mechanical miniature can get. I wanted all on the MTFCA forum to have the opportunity to see it.

Check out:

http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 01:36 am:

Whoa! That's one sweet piece of miniature engineering and construction. Couldn't take my eyes off the entire process.

I wonder if he's got or interested in doing a miniature Model T engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 10:10 am:

Awesome, impressive. People tell me I have patience to restore a Model T, but that kind of work is in a different league.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 10:44 am:

That is an amazing piece of work, with over 1,200 hours in its construction! But he can't drive it. :-( I'll stick to Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Lauderback on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 12:48 pm:

Not to denigrate this in any way, because the workmanship is phenomenal, but I can't help noticing that the engine must be running on air pressure from the line going into the "intake". I can see no evidence of spark plugs or any sort of ignition system, nor does there seem to be any visible evidence of combustion in the exhaust. Just an observation, as I said, because being a machinist myself I cannot imagine ever having the patience and dedication to make something like this!
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David C. Ross on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 01:29 pm:

A friend of mine told me this fellow has made a few other motors, a flathead and a small block that resembles a chevy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 04:59 pm:

I think it might be a diesel running on ether.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration