OT Did I get took?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT Did I get took?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:53 pm:

Yesterday at an auction I got into a bidding war and paid $85 for this.

You can't make it out in the picture, but a penciled note says a new vibrator was installed 11-27-34.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:54 pm:

On the other hand, a $3 box of stuff contained a Model A wrench, a Fordson wrench, and this.

And this was in a $1 box of stuff.

Maybe the cheap items balance out the radio and I came out OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 04:40 pm:

If that radio can be made to work, I think it's cool! I just wonder what Chevrolet it was ment to fit in? 1932? 33? or 34?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 06:08 pm:

Most accessories in the early 30s were installed by the dealers. My grandad had the first car in the community with a radio in his car (30's?) and would park it downtown in a Saturday night. He had built it and installed it himself. Lots of peole would gather around to listen to it. Here's an interesting site on first car radios. http://www.antiqueradiomuseum.org/thecarradio.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 06:18 pm:

Yes. You got took. To become un-took again, please forward all items to me. LOL. :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 06:53 pm:

Nope! That radio is the real deal Steve, looks like a copy of a 1930 version of the Automatic Radio Company product called an A-5. They weren't cheap either, so which Chevy that came out of was is almost certainly had to have been a D-Lux model.

Hope you don't need any tubes for it, they are a little hard to come by these days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 06:55 pm:

Dont hold me to it,but if you send me the model numbers I may have a diagram of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence J. Bohlen on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 07:56 pm:

The question will be if he can get it to work will you be able to tune in Jack Benny or Fibber Mcgee & Molly?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 09:41 pm:

well,looks like the number is on that sticker in the picture.I will dig thru my books tommorow.my buddy had a 39 chevy and had alot of stuff with it at 1 time.he also messed with radios so i know 1 of the books I bought from his widow has car radios in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay, BC on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 10:27 pm:

Oh boy Steve, I would bet that stuff is all worthless, if you don't send it to Bob, send it here!

That all looks like great stuff to me. I'm such a fool, I'd use that charger (but probably under supervision until it had proven itself)

Nice haul!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 04:40 am:

I'll bet that radio is worth more than 85 bucks to somebody restoring an old Chevy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 04:56 am:

I wonder why a key lock on the radio?
Maybe to prevent someone from draining the battery by playing the radio when the car is parked?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration