Ford Times Feb and/or March 1912

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Ford Times Feb and/or March 1912
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 07:38 pm:

If any of you have a copy of either issue of those Ford Times magazines, would you please check and see if the "Winged Pyramid-The Universal Car" logo appears in it. It is NOT in the January 1912 issue, but IS in the combined April/May issue. In fact, there is an article "The New Advertising" that displays the winged pyramid with the caption "By this sign shell ye know them". Please let me know if it is in either of the two prior months magazines. Thanks for your assistance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 06:25 am:

I'm going to "bump" this in hopes someone who has the Feb and/or March 1912 issues will see it and check for me, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary griffin on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:25 pm:

Charles,
Check Feb.1912(Vol.5 No.5) and March 1912(vol.5 No. 6)
No "Winged Pyramid".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:56 pm:

Thanks, I really appreciate that info.
I guess that means Ford adopted that logo in the spring of 1912. As stated above it is featured in the combined April/May of 1912 issue.

I have 1915/1916 and it appears in Nov 1915, is NOT in December 1915, appears at top of 4 pages in January 1916, top of three pages in February, is not in any from March through July, and not in September 1916 ( I am missing August 1916). I have none after that, but it would appear that the "Winged Pyramid-The Universal Car" logo was adopted in April 1912 and phased out by March of 1916.

Anyone have any info to disprove this?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration