OT--HoJo motor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT--HoJo motor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 10:21 am:

Does anyone know anything about this "HoJo motor" I have seen alot of info about on the internet? Sounds good and seem to make sense. Looks like old technology....Chip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:24 am:

Ah yes Magnetic Propulsion perpetual motion at work!
Me thinks it will need lots of Marvel Mystery Oil <@^@>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:53 am:

Total horse puckey! Complete scam. Perpetual energy machine. etc, etc, etc.

It is old technology. It's the age old technology of the scam artist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 12:08 pm:

Is that the one that the oil companies killed the guy that was building them because they fit in a cigar box, put out 86 horsepower and didn't use any fuel?
Ya, I'd like to get the plans for that one. I can put them with the plans for the hydrogen fuel maker that I am going to build as soon as I get my 250 mile per gallon carburetter finished and perfected as soon as I get my fylwheel engineded car rolling.
Then there's also the electric car that will run on one battery because it will have an alternator off a CAT running off a rear wheel to keep the battery charged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 12:17 pm:

Is that the one that the oil companies killed the guy that was building them because they fit in a cigar box, put out 86 horsepower and didn't use any fuel?
Ya, I'd like to get the plans for that one. I can put them with the plans for the hydrogen fuel maker that I am going to build as soon as I get my 250 mile per gallon carburetter finished and perfected as soon as I get my fylwheel engineded car rolling.
Then there's also the electric car that will run on one battery because it will have an alternator off a CAT running off a rear wheel to keep the battery charged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 12:25 pm:

Aaron,

Are you looking for investors? I may have some descretionary funds that I might be tempted into placing with an enterprising young inventor....

If you're interested, I'll hop into my cold fusion powered jet pack and buzz on over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 01:18 pm:

For better gas milage and no battries buy a horse and buggy, Hay Hay Hay.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 01:38 pm:

OH! I FORGOT ABOUT COLD FUSION!
No Jerry I won't need investors. That stuff is so cheap and easy to build it can all be done for next to nothing. You just have to buy the $50 book that shows how to do it.
You just have to stay hidden from the BIG OIL COMPANIES.
I saved a gallon of gas already today, I didn't go to work.
I was born at night, but not last night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 01:48 pm:

"Dear Sirs: I am considering converting my 1909 two pedal two lever Model T to a HoJo powered vehicle. Any advice would be appreciated". Please address all responces to Harvey at the Happy Dale Asylum third quadrant past Orion's Belt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 01:53 pm:

Perhaps we could ask all those Nigerian scammers who keep trying to send us millions from our lost relitives to invest in the HoJo motor. It's just sitting in their banks.

Hey maybe it might work lets do a reverse scam and get them to send us money for the plans to the HoJo motor!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 01:59 pm:

Hello Sirs,

I am the beneficiary of a large sum of money (in excess of $10,000,000 U.S.) and am presently looking to invest a large piece of this money in an invention such as yours.

Since I do not know how much you will require at this time, I will send a cashiers check with a sum which I feel is near that amount and you can then refund the difference in cash to my courier at the time of delivery.

Looking forward to our new found business venture. I will contact you very future.

Sincerely,
Hugh Jorgan from Nigeria.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steamboat on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 02:14 pm:

When I was a kid there was a guy who would run his car on water. Instead of stopping at the gas pumps, he filled up on the free water. Then he got some pills from a jar he had and put in a few with the water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 02:22 pm:

I heard about a salesman that had a plastic bag in his gastank.
He woulld run the car untill it quit, prove to you that you could only pump air out the gasline and then he'd fill the tank with water and some pills-which actually went into the plastic bag raising the gas level to the shortened fuel pipe.
Then he'd restart the engine claiming it was running on water, sell you those little magic pills and drive away.
PT was right.
Today those same folks are called politians.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 02:32 pm:

I had a neighbor that was into that 100 mpg carburetor, engines running on water, type propaganda. He went to some seminar where the inventor had a small single cylinder air cooled engine that had this special carburetor that after you started it on gas you could run just about anything in it. He said while he was demonstrating the engine, he even poured some coffee from his cup into the tank. Of course the inventor made the usual claim that he was in danger from the oil company's and had been ran off the road by one of their goons on his way to a seminar.

The neighbor, who was a great guy, ran a small town garage and had been a mechanic at a Ford dealership for many years. He was actually a good mechanic. That's why I found it so hard to believe he actually believed this stuff. It was hard to keep a straight face when he would bring out the literature and tell of these amazing gizmo's that would defy all the rules of physics and chemistry.

About 5 years ago, He went into semi-retirement and moved down south. I don't know how his research developed but I suspect the oil company's aren't in to much danger from this invention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 02:36 pm:

Well,I had come up with a idea of useing metal,similar to what is in a thermostat,as a spring type thing.Let the sun heat it,it would spring 1 way,get shaded,cool,then spring back,and repeat.Thinking maby this could work a crankshaft.Wouldnt do anything but it would be solar powered without a solar cell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom J. Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 02:50 pm:

Mack,

You just described a garbage bag motor which does work that way in the sunlight.

See http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-Thermal-Motor/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 03:04 pm:

I thought up an idea, but never tested it. we all know about electric transmission lines and how they go all over the place. I learned that an electric current produces a magnetic field, and I thought that perhaps the conductors could be built into highways and the magnetic field would pull the cars along at the same time the electricity is transmitted. This would solve a few problems, one is the unsightliness and danger from overhead wires, and also the need to burn combustable fossel fuels. There would also be needed someway to disconnect the cars from the electric field so they could be driven elsewhere using gasoline or electricity. All the long trips would be made by using the magnetic field. I don't want any money for this idea. Anyone who chooses to develop it is under no obligation to me for the idea.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 03:05 pm:

There are small engines that run on nothing but heat differences from a "free" source, but they provide very little power and can't run anything except fans and other very small things. They just don't have the power to do much although they basically go without using anything up. Just look up Stirling Engine on youtube.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Stitt-Oregon on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 03:17 pm:

At least once or twice a month I get to set through a customer that wants to run a motor off a battery with an alternator. Always smile and say hey it a perpetual motion machine, goes against the laws of the universe. The closes thing I know of to do that is an atmos clock, as long as the weather will change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 03:34 pm:

Norman, Your comment reminded me of the "Magnetic train".

http://videos.howstuffworks.com/discovery/29341-extreme-engineering-maglev-train -video.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence J. Bohlen on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 03:41 pm:

Mack,

Here is an article from Science Digest 1982 on an Nickel alloy powered engine.

http://www.colorsproject.com/nitinol_articles_science_digest_1982_sanders.pdf

An interesting read.

Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 03:57 pm:

Thanks Roger, for that link to the model T Cow Magnet story. First time I heard that one.

There are a lot of these Free-Energy and Over-Unity schemes floating about. I did a study of them a couple years ago in an (unsuccessful) attempt to help my nutty nephew steer clear of the Lutec 1000 Free Energy Machine nonsense out of Cairns, Australia. In the end, he wasted a sizable chunk of his parent's retirement funds trekking back and forth to Aussie to secure the North American rights to this Sure Thing. Sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 04:35 pm:

All this talk of perpetual motion reminds me of a power plant I visited once. They pump water uphill into a large reservoir and then let it run downhill to generate electricity.......I swear! The guide was explaining this and being a mechanical engineer, I had to ask how this was feasible, as it takes more energy to pump the water uphill than it can generate flowing downhill (In a perfect world, it would only break even, but with losses due to friction and other inefficiencies, it takes more). The answer....They pump it uphill when demand is low and energy is cheaper, then let it flow downhill and generate power when demand is high and they can sell the energy for a higher price. In a nutshell, they are wasting energy, but making money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 06:33 pm:

Hal, that was a hybrid water pump!
There is one on youtube like that but I can't understand the guy that is explaining it.

How about a lever sticking out into the ocean for about 100 feet.
Have a barge under it filled with a ton of anything. When the big wave comes in it will lift the barge and when the wave goes out the weight of the barge can power something. It would work like a kick starter on a motorcycle. .
That would be as free as a wind generator or a water wheel.
I once had an electric car, A 1975 Citicar.
You would not believe how many tales I heard about an alternator powering something that was run by an electric motor that got its electricity from that same alternator.
Some really wellknow mechanics would tell me I could toss out most of the batteries if I would just run an alternator from a big truck off the rear wheel.
I am astonished that it has never been done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 06:34 pm:

One of my Model T friends wanted to build an electric-powered T which ran on electricity produced by T magnetos on the wheels. He just couldn't understand why that wouldn't work. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steamboat on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 09:55 pm:

Then there was the guy who built a cart with big wheels on the back and little wheels on the front. This way it was always going down hill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Daw on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 10:01 pm:

Hal, Amerin UE had a lake in a Mo State park in South East Missouri. They pumped water to the lake during off hours and released water to generate electricity during peak times. The automatic water level in the lake failed and the lake overflowed taking the levey with it. The park ranger who I knew almost lost his family in the water rush. They were found hanging on to tree branches after the water took their house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Daw on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 10:13 pm:

What are the thoughts on the engine developed in India that uses compressed air. Reports I read said it could go 200 miles on tanks of air that took $2.00 to fill. The car body did not sound like much. They said it was carbon fiber panels glued together. They are supposidly putting a number of units on the road in 2012 government sponsored trial.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Daw on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 10:44 pm:

What are the thoughts on the engine developed in India that uses compressed air. Reports I read said it could go 200 miles on tanks of air that took $2.00 to fill. The car body did not sound like much. They said it was carbon fiber panels glued together. They are supposidly putting a number of units on the road in 2012 government sponsored trial.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:23 pm:

The compressed air car has even less potential than electric cars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_air_car#Disadvantages Tata in India briefly studied the concept, but they have dropped it since. MDI is a french company that has tried to raise interest in the concept, claiming a range of 90 miles etc, but they've never shown a car that can run for 90 miles - the only publicised test of a compressed air vehicle has showed a range of less than half a mile..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 12:25 am:

Compressed air is more dangerous than gasoline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 08:03 am:

200 miles on $2.00 sounds bogus. You can't get something for nothing. It costs a lot of money to compress air. A compressed air engine sounds "Green" to the uninformed. No exhaust. No visible fuel. But the fuel is actually being burned at the power plant. It takes roughly 100 HP to compress 400 cubic feet of air per minute to 100 psi. How many cfm does it take to run the car? How long can you run a 100hp motor on $2?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A. Woods on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 12:01 am:

HoJo motor, huh? Well, I'm glad my fears of Howard Johnson's getting into the automoble business are wrong. Ya'll had me worried for a while.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration